Thread: Easy To Make Grids for Battlemaps

Default Easy To Make Grids for Battlemaps

I don't know if this has been linked before or if newer mappers have any issues with making grids but, this link is a one stop shop for making grids. Just set your grid size sq# x sq#, ppi per sq and line weight. Download as a .png and you can simply insert or drag into PS, GIMP or your image editor of choice. Set a layer and your set.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Rongar's Avatar

Well thanks. I'm sure It'll come in handy for some. GIMP itself has its own grid maker though and while I never used Photoshop in my whole life, I'm pretty sure it too has one. Still though, other proggies might be missing it. Thanks for posting.

Those are more reference grids from my understanding that overlay and can work with for visual purposes, as opposed to one to actually use that apart of the battlemap and used for reference for the mini, tokens, etc. Dunno I've never used the image editor grids.
    Cheers, Julien

All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

not bad, but it is rather easy to make a grid in photoshop and then save it as a fill, then you can just fill whatever size file you have
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Unfortunately Photoshop and I do not cooperate very well either due to lack of education or experience. I'm starting to use GIMP and enjoying it more so. Once I understood that the line weight was not counted in the PPI I was set using this with a little simple math. Just an option in case someone is hereto terrible like me.
    Cheers, Julien

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hey, every little help counts - now if they expanded with hexes as well as squares it would be even more usefull
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise