Thread: Fallcrest - The Tower of Waiting - Battlemaps

Default Fallcrest - The Tower of Waiting - Battlemaps

“This old fortification was built on a small island in the Nentir to guard the city from any waterborne attack from the north. It fell into ruin even before the sack of the old city, and now is little more than an empty shell overrun by mice and birds.
    DM Tip: According to local legend, the tower was once a prison for nobles who were too well connected to be killed out of hand or mistreated. The ghost of an evil princess who dabbled in demon worship haunts the tower. You can build your own small dungeon beneath the ruins, featuring a wrathful specter and minor demons.” (DMG – 4th Ed Dungeon Master's Guide, p.198-200)

These VTT ready battlemaps for the Tower of Waiting which is located in north western Fallcrest as a part of the Points of Light setting for 4th Ed D&D. Dungeon outline based off The Lonely Tower by crazyred @ D&D Doodle. Link here. Original WIP Link here.

Big thanks goes to mearrin69 and tilt for hints and tricks. I should rep you guys for being helpful. (Unfortuantly I don't know anything about how to apply rep.) Fun project to do on my day off, hope you enjoy.

For those who play D&D 4e I'm writing up a short dungeon delve with this map for public use and will post it later on in this thread if anyone requests it. I plan it to be a 1st level alternative to Kobold Hall or Keep on the Shadowfell if intrested or inspired by the Nentir Vale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B3 - Room 9.jpg 
Views:	1471 
Size:	594.9 KB 
ID:	28741   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B1 - Room 8.jpg 
Views:	1396 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	28742   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B2 - Rooms 3,4,5,6 & 7.jpg 
Views:	1019 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	28743  
    Last edited by geamon; 09-03-2010 at 07:04 AM.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

These are really nice maps, a big improvement in comparison to the Underdark ones but man you are fast.
    Too bad I can't rep you cause I gave you some for the Underdark project.

To be honest it isn't too much work once you sit down. When I enjoy something I get immersed and it doesn't take me long at all to complete anything. Started yesterday morning on the digital rework, so 24 hrs, but it was my day off and I had no obligations.
    Last edited by geamon; 09-02-2010 at 09:26 AM.
    Cheers, Julien

All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

These turned out great, geamon. Nice job.
    M

Yeah I'm really happy with the improvement I made compared to my previous blunders. I think I've found a friend in GIMP. Photoshop was giving me endless issues previously with the older maps I did. This is my first try with GIMP to be honest. I think I got a handle on underground battle maps, hence me going back and redoing old maps and starting with Raid On Loudwater. A urban based battle map.

The one thing I need to learn is object placement. As you can tell these maps are a little empty. It's easy to go over board and place to many objects or not place objects in a natural way.
    Last edited by geamon; 09-02-2010 at 11:28 AM.
    Cheers, Julien

Guild Journeyer

This came out really well. Empty maps aren't a bad thing either, as I often just add tables and such to the map using textures and similar (I run maptools, so maps like these are a godsend).

Nice work, geamon. Did you end up writing the short dungeon delve for this map? I would be interested to see it. I'm about to run a Tower of Waiting adventure, and would like to see your ideas.

I'll be honest this is some of my first work and not my finest. I don't think I kept any of my paperwork for this one... Since there wasn't much interest.
    Cheers, Julien

Looks good!

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

What about the Delve? I'd love to read it.