Thread: Small Regional: Windward Farm Area

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant

Wip Small Regional: Windward Farm Area

I've hit a point where I'm not quite sure how I feel about my map. I'd appreciate some (gentle) criticism and assistance - I think I'm a little burned out, and keep playing aimlessly only to delete everything back to this point.

I'm most unsure about the trees, which are attempt 3,418 to get something I like, and the colors, particularly saturation levels, but everything else is fair game. What do you love/hate/feel ambivalent about?

I've got other features to add, but most of them are small scale - does it feel "balanced" from a layout view?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grid.png 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	28782

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

maybe you should have taken a pause at attempt 3,14?
    I think that the trees fall out ouf style - the other elements are crisp and clear and the trees blurry - you need to make them as crisp and clear to make them fit in with the rest
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Applicant

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    maybe you should have taken a pause at attempt 3,14?
    I think that the trees fall out ouf style - the other elements are crisp and clear and the trees blurry - you need to make them as crisp and clear to make them fit in with the rest
    Ha. Yeah. The tree issue has actually been ongoing since the beginning. Every day or two I make a new attempt, and then a few days later take it out.

It's a good observation with the clarity - I do generally want things delineated. If you think of a way to make it happen, I'd appreciate a nudge.