Thread: Map MAking Skills comes to rescue for Accident Report

Post Map MAking Skills comes to rescue for Accident Report

So, I had a minor fender bender today

Used my LEET map-making skills to whip up a quick map for the accident report.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Accident.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	1603  
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Hahaha--truly versatile cartographer you are, my friend. And good job on being objective in your description rather than allowing you inner dialogue to label the other guys's car "and here's the @$$&$#%^&! who hit my car!"
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Yeah, have a BAD feeling the insurance compan may still hold me responsible for the accident though.

From our laws here in BC:

Entering through highway

175 (1) If a vehicle that is about to enter a through highway has stopped in compliance with section 186,

(a) the driver of the vehicle must yield the right of way to traffic that has entered the intersection on the through highway or is approaching so closely on it that it constitutes an immediate hazard, and

(b) having yielded, the driver may proceed with caution.

(2) If a vehicle is entering a through highway in compliance with subsection (1), traffic approaching the intersection on the highway must yield the right of way to the entering vehicle while it is proceeding into or across the highway.
    Which puts me in the: "How the hell was I supposed to know there was a car there until I got to where he hit me?!"

MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Sorry to hear about your accident, but it's an excellent map (CD2?). But you need a scale bar! Don't suppose the insurance company would be amused if you put in a 'Here be petrol stations' tag on the edge?

What the heck is section 186?

Is that what allows a BMW to hold up three lanes of traffic because he's more important than 30 other people. (Not to mention creating a road hazard.) (Not to mention the CULMINATION of that road hazard.)

I've learned to tolerate stupid people ... exceptions being in grocery stores and on the roads.

Nobody hurt, though, right? That's what counts.

Quote Originally Posted by töff View Post
    What the heck is section 186?

Is that what allows a BMW to hold up three lanes of traffic because he's more important than 30 other people. (Not to mention creating a road hazard.) (Not to mention the CULMINATION of that road hazard.)

I've learned to tolerate stupid people ... exceptions being in grocery stores and on the roads.

Nobody hurt, though, right? That's what counts.
    Section 186 is about stopping at a Stop Sign.

I was more concerned about section 175, Subsection 2, which implies I have to yield right of way. Thanfully, from the insurance company's website I found the following:

http://www.icbc.com/claims-repairs/bi_collidePU.asp

Which then also has 4 Court Decisions in Accidents identical to mine. At Worst I will be assessed a 25% at fault if I did nothing to avoid the Accident.

http://www.icbc.com/claims-repairs/faultCL_stop_PU.asp

But most of all I am so thankful no one was hurt. I had my 7 year old son and 4 year old son in the Back Seat.