Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: *** September-October Super Challenge: Mapping the Big Apple ***

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yep, the lower pixel limit is relatively low on purpose to give everyone a fighting chance at this. In the previous show I was amazed at how lovely some of the smaller maps looked - and the printers actively prefer 150dpi for their printing on canvas or art paper.

As for upper iimits, there are none. The only question you might want to think about is print sizes if you're looking to sell prints through the show.

Wow... this is an awesome looking show.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I tried to rep, but I can't, still gotta spread more around.

I know that a lot of people put a lot of work into maintaining this site and keeping things going, both from a technical end and a front-end (moderators, admins, you name it). I want to take a moment to thank the entire mod/admin crew in general, but ESPECIALLY Torstan - you've not only put work into the site and encouraged people, but you've taken it to the next level - the guild is no longer only a digital entity.. first a gallery show, and now we're looking at another??

You really do rock this world!

I've been going through a rough time at home and at work, some of you know I have a physical injury situation that involves lots of pain and meds.. I'm back on fulltime work now, and things are settling into a routine. I have to take care of a commission that's been waiting on the backburner, and once that's out of the way I'm gonna jump in with *something*. How can i not??

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

This is a kick ass challenge.... bad ass indeed
    Something witty and pithy

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    Hmm. 8.5" x 11" at 150 dpi is 1,200 x 1,650 pixels. That's nowhere *near* 4,000 pixels. So. You're in! In fact, you *must* participate. You've been drafted. Didn't you hear the man? We need 45 gallery-quality maps ready in just a few weeks. Get mapping, bub.
    Just kidding....but you really should give it a go!
    Yeah.. drop down and give me 20 ... maps *lol*

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
    I know that a lot of people put a lot of work into maintaining this site and keeping things going, both from a technical end and a front-end (moderators, admins, you name it). I want to take a moment to thank the entire mod/admin crew in general, but ESPECIALLY Torstan - you've not only put work into the site and encouraged people, but you've taken it to the next level - the guild is no longer only a digital entity.. first a gallery show, and now we're looking at another??

You really do rock this world!
    Yes, thats some great work admins - and especially you Torstan for taking all that time out to work for the guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
    I've been going through a rough time at home and at work, some of you know I have a physical injury situation that involves lots of pain and meds.. I'm back on fulltime work now, and things are settling into a routine. I have to take care of a commission that's been waiting on the backburner, and once that's out of the way I'm gonna jump in with *something*. How can i not??
    You gotta be in the challenge coyote - love your maps
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Jon is once again presenting a great opportunity. Fantastic!

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Great so see such a good response to this. The guild has so much amazing art on it and its a shame to see it confined to an internet forum. The digital art gallery is the perfect way to pull this out and give the wider public a chance to see the work that goes on here. It seems a ridiculously good match.

Blog Entries

I'd love to join in with this but commission commitments and my general lack of pace when it comes to mapping will almost certainly rule me out of it. Maybe if you get another chance for a contest like this one in the future you can run it behind the scenes as it were, a long-term contest that runs for longer, six months or so, while the other contests run as normal.

Still, whether I get to join in or not, you're really performing for the guild here, Torstan. Great stuff. And let me be the one to take you over 1k rep.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

That's a good idea. Thanks for helping get mapping on the map! Now my entire neighborhood knows about my hobby (apparently they all take the local paper...lol)
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Heh heh, welcome to the 1k club, bro
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast