Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: *** September-October Super Challenge: Mapping the Big Apple ***

I've put up a thread on 'Cartotalk' with information about the competition.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

If I can ever get my commission map done, I may just try and do something for this.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I'm definatly doing this. I've been needing something else to do for a while. Already have two ideas for it, and since I have nothing else to do, should be awesome

When they're all stitched up and finished, it would also be awesome if you could put all the maps together in an "Atlas of Parallel Earths: New York" book. I can't wait to see what people will come up with... and I only just noticed the part where it said we can enter up to three maps! I already have trouble focusing on one thing at a time, and now I'm considering doing two more...

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

You want to kill me don't you I had a quick look into that - but the price of POD is prohibitive for glossy full colour books (>$100 a book for something nice). That leaves us with the challenge of finding a friendly publisher instead ...

@Ravells Thanks. I've done the CG on deviantArt, and the Artorder community site. I'll do a more general round of the internet after we're out of the quiet of Labor Day.

I also want to state my thanks Torstan, for helping to put this all together. Once again you show yourself to be a huge promoter of the community and a genuine supporter of not just yourself but all of us. Thanks for pushing me out of my comfort zone with this and forcing me to get into the arena and swing!

I hope we come up with the 45 maps. I think we will. I have ideas for 3 already. Finding the detailed information I need is turning out to be a pain in the rear though. I may be spending an evening at the Library...hopefully what I want to use for my map is information that has been recorded somewhere but I'm not saying what it is yet

I'm glad we have a little while to work on this but I'm also a bit jealous of those of us who have already posted WIPs and are on the move. I am still in the fact finding stage and trying to decide how I can best accomplish my goal. It makes me feel like I'm behind already
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll gladly look into printing prices should it come to that - have a few connections in that business but I'd propose a "kickstarter" in the guild first so we know if we're funded ... the dtp I'll do for free
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    I also want to state my thanks Torstan, for helping to put this all together. Once again you show yourself to be a huge promoter of the community and a genuine supporter of not just yourself but all of us. Thanks for pushing me out of my comfort zone with this and forcing me to get into the arena and swing!
    Quoted for truth.

I'm glad we have a little while to work on this but I'm also a bit jealous of those of us who have already posted WIPs and are on the move. I am still in the fact finding stage and trying to decide how I can best accomplish my goal. It makes me feel like I'm behind already
    Tell me about it; I'm still puzzling out the style I want to do for my map; haven't even posted a WIP yet. As for two more... man, I don't know.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Thanks guys - happy to help

Just wanted to say that we got a mention in the Kobold Courier - the newsletter from the Ennie award winning Kobold Quarterly. They put it under the headline Big Mapple, which I rather liked I didn't even ask them for that mention.

Thanks for setting up this great challenge! I will try my best to make time to put in one or more entries .... and I love your new avatar cheers!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast