Thread: WIP - Nentir Vale - The Village of Nenlast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip WIP - Nentir Vale - The Village of Nenlast

Decided as first non battle map to create is a town/city map of "The Village of Nenlast" located in the Nentir Vale in the point of lights setting for 4th edition D&D. Because of city needs a story more so then a random dungeon during it's creation I did a quick write up in .pdf format of the various elements about the location. Hopefully I don't flop this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nenlast Summary & Description.pdf  
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

So I'm still conceptualizing and I have some questions. I asked this in my polled thread but i think it was missed being the last post of the thread. Is a vector based image editor a great boon for making city maps and should i get one? I uploaded a VERY rough draft to get a sense of the layout and I'm not to sure on what my general layout should be. Is this organic enough of a shape on the edge of a bluff like this? Are walls too much defense for a 650 inhabitant town? Any suggestions or ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rough draft.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	229.5 KB 
ID:	28821  
    Cheers, Julien

All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

With the announcement of this months challenge I'm gonna shelf this for a later date.
    Cheers, Julien

Even though I read your latest post about entering the super challenge and postponing this project I just wanted to answer your question about the walls.Winterhaven, a city of 977 people had walls so for me it would be fairly logical for Nenlast to have walls for protection.
    Either way good luck on the challenge.