Thread: [Withdrawn] September-October Challenge: The Refuge of Neo-York

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default [Withdrawn] September-October Challenge: The Refuge of Neo-York

Going to go ahead and start this up and learn a lot about map making in the process, I hope. Concept is that after the cataclysmic event that toppled the civilization of man the remaining citizens unable or unwilling to leave the four burrows were forced underground into the subway tunnels. This eludes to Brave New World by Jeff Wayne in his musical version of War of the Worlds, link here. (I know this is gonna cause it to be in my head, at least it's kick ass!!) Found this link which is a historical history of the subways through maps. Thinking of making it styled similar to the early blueprints.

Edit: I've revised my style I'm going to use and am going to pull heavily from the battle mapping I do an going to do a pictorial styled underground cut-out of the subway system. The layout will be based on this, going to be based in principal on the difference in elevation of certain train tunnels expressed in the simplicity of the route design. Also looking to implement the water in the form of bathymetry weighing highly on topography of the underwater. Because of this change I've had to increase my resolution high I just hope my PC doesn't drive me insane.

###LATEST WIP###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sep-Oct Mapping Challenge - Neo-York - Transparent - Water.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	484.2 KB 
ID:	28897  
    Last edited by torstan; 11-01-2010 at 10:26 AM.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.