Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: September-October Challenge: Visit Beautiful New Amsterdam!

Guild Novice

Man, this is awesome. I want to see more of this world.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

thats comming along nicely, and very neat too ... if you got a problem loading the file - then flatten layers for all the ads - you can always go back to the original and change stuff if needed. If you use photoshop of course
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Ok, I finally think I'm getting somewhere. It doesn't really feel done done, but its close enough that I wont lose any sleep if I can't update again. It was a lot of fun, and a lot more work than I thought. I learned a lot about New York history, and vector graphics, and I learned not to make something like this on an old laptop with a touchpad.

I tried to keep it as 'accurate' as possible. Most of the location names are real names from New Amsterdam and correspond to current anglicized names, Krom Moerasje = Gramercy, Boswijk = Bushwick, etc. I named roads and buildings after GWC directors or councilors, or prominent Dutch American families, I was happy that Chrysler turned out to be dutch, because I got to make an alternate universe Chrysler building (my favorite skyscraper, hands down).

I really had a good time, and I'd like to thank everybody again for your help and encouragement. If anybody has suggestions, fire away.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NA.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	30418
    ________
    Hawaii Marijuana Dispensary
    Last edited by popup; 03-20-2011 at 11:39 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234