Thread: A good morning from Anoril

Post A good morning from Anoril

Hi lads,

I'm Paul, aslo know as Anoril. I draw maps for many years as I master RPG games since I'm 13.

I'm used to working with Campaign Cartographer from Profantasy but for few months, I discovered TerraFicta Project which is referenced in these pages.

I've done a long training on Terraficta and decided to share it with every one on a website: Amariss - Atlas Mundi. On this site, one can navigate in the land of Amariss a large island in the Farhaze Ocean ("Lointebrume" in French) on the world of Draconis (no map available for now...) and take on closer look on many places arorund: cities, villages, lone castles and so on.

Just a point: the website is actually in French but soon will be available in English too. Places descriptions are in French also but won't be translated as the site is originally developped to share and customise maps. To have a look on the full map, without any restriction from the site, follow this link.

This map was design to fulfill a Rolemaster Campaign I'm writing for friends. Not all 2000 places of interest are described yet but maybe in the future it will...

Have a good journey to these fantasy lands...

Paul.
    Last edited by Anoril; 11-18-2007 at 08:25 AM.

Wow! Your map looks incredible Anoril, well done.

I'm not enough of a cartophile to comment on the techniques and methods used to create it, but when your site goes live, it would be nice to have a smaller 8 1/2 x 11 (A4 in Europe I think) map of Amariss that you linked to--your map is so huge that only a small part of it can be seen at any one time.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to what else you care to share with us.

Very impressive work, Anoril! Welcome to the Guild.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Sacre Bleu! Cette une tres bonne carte, monsieur!

(and that's all my French used up in one sentence!).

Welcome to the guild, Anoril! I'm looking forward to seeing many more of your maps!

All the best

Ravs

Sweet Lord Above!

What a map!

Welcome!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Hi all!

Thanks for your greetings!

I'm happy you enjoy the map!

By the way, I added some multilanguage to the website (some pages at least).
    On the menu, you can click on the british flag to get the website in english (ouf!) and you can click on the small "Amariss" link just before the flags in the menu: TheBax2k, this link links to a smaller global view of the map, presenting the kingdoms at the bottom (two kingdoms, two links). Clicking one of them redirectes you to a kingdom view "zoomed in" from the map, which displays links to the provinces, then to "duke lands" and then to the places of interest available for the zone... Well, I'm reading myself and notice I have to improve my english for explainations

Again, thanks a lot for all your encouragements (and your good french sentences )

Paul.
    Last edited by Anoril; 11-18-2007 at 02:29 PM. Reason: mistakes :)

Professional Artist Facebook Connected kalmarjan's Avatar

Praise C'est belle!

Anoril ~

S'il-t-plait m'excuser pour mon mauvais francais suivant (et bien, je n'ai pas un clavier francais aussi.)

J'aimerais savoir comment tu faissait la bonne carte. Est-ce que t'a utilise les brosses, et lequel logicien que t'aurait utilise? C'etait le photoshop? GIMP? Un logicien 3D? Un bon combo?

Si tu l'aurai le temps, j'aimerais lire un bonne tutorial pour que je sache comment faire ca. Si j'aurais un moitie de talent comme toi, mes cartes seraient bonnes.

Merci, et bien fait!

Sandeman
    What???? You mean there is NO MAGIC RENDER BUTTON!

Hello Kalmarjan !

Thanks to be so enthusiast about this map!

the map was realised with the fantastic Photoshop templates developed by Matthias Janssen and named "TerraFicta". Currently, the website is down for some reason.

It is based of template and brushes and predefined layers where one can draw its maps. This is a very good tool for pseudo realistic maps.

It is intended to design A4 and A3 maps but I modified especially the templates to get a A1.5 (6*A3) maps. I printed it on a giant poster (A0) to make my players directly move their characters on it using magnetic tokens... (^_^) I'm a crazy one...

Try and check TerraFicta website to get the templates if you have Photoshop!

Paul.