Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Post! A Shuttle Decklan...

Dude, that looks great! I'd agreed with DevinNight until I looked at the full-sized image. It's a very "comic book" blue but sort of goes with the style of the ship itself. If I altered it, it would be to take it into that dark blue territory you see on blueprints...I'm not sure I'd cut the saturation/vibrance much.

You can post your stuff in Finished Maps whenever you think it's done. Many of the maps I've posted there are awaiting real-world finalization before they get full legends, labeling, etc. though the maps themselves are mostly done. As long as you don't post something doodled on the back of a napkin I doubt anyone would take issue at all...not even then if it was a *good* doodle.
    M

yep, this is cool. I agree the blue is a bit much but if you can capture that blueprint type of look and feel I think you will have a really great looking thing here.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Map Final Design?

Thanks for all the advice, guys.
    I went back into photoshop and adjusted the blue to a darker hue and agree it looks much better. I've also gone ahead and added the text and numbered the map, so...I suppose this one's finished.
    Hope you enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paladin Map Final.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	28974  

I do indeed enjoy! Nice. You know, it makes a lot more sense with the body on it. When I was looking at the original map I was think that blue plate in the rear must have been some sort of reactionless drive 'plate' or something. They described something like that in some of the later Traveller ship books. Seeing the shuttle-like wings and engines clears it all up for me.
    M

Excellent ship plan, the sci-fi world needs more of such things!
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12