Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Post! A Shuttle Decklan...

Map First Post! A Shuttle Decklan...

Hello Everyone!
    This is my first post on the Forum...and my first map done on the computer. I did this deckplan using Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 With an older model Wacom tablet. It was good enough, though! The longest part of the process was making all of the map elements...every peice of the deckplan was custom. Please let me know what you think!
    The deckplan is for a spaceplane I'm working on for an open d6 hard sf setting I'm developing. That being said, the deckplan can be used for a shuttle in Traveller...
    Anyway, hope you all enjoy!

RocketDad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BOV-31 Paladin Interior.jpg 
Views:	614 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	28909  

Nice! Love the NASA-style repair arm thingie and the robot in the closet.

Have some rep for posting a map on your first post. We need some more sci-fi stuff around here so I look forward to seeing more from your setting. BTW, nice to see someone from home. I went to high school in Guntersville and college in Huntsville. Wee bit north of you, but...close enough.
    M

Awesome man, like it very much. the fact that it's sci-fi is a plus in my opinion! have some rep as well. Even though it means nothing from me just yet.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Very nice indeed! Are there going to be other decks? It might be fun having 'non-deck' bits in silhouette so the viewer gets an idea of what the whole ship looks like in plan view.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Neat stuff.. thx for posting.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks for all the enthusiastic support folks! I appreciate The rep as well...
    I am currently working on a plan veiw of the space plane's exterior... my next map post will include both the plan view and a top cut away view of the interior in its proper place. With luck, I should have that finished today!
    Thanks again for the support guys.

For Mearrin69:
    Whoooo! Alabama!
    BTW, If you zoom in on the robotic arm, you can see the same logo that the Space Shuttle's Canadarm 1 sports. A little easter egg

Heh. I did notice that. I was, once upon a time, planning to become an aerospace engineer (went to UAH) but I went crazy and dropped out of school.
    M

Map Finished...Drawing, anyway...

Aaaaaaaaaaand here we are! The final graphics of my map for the BOV-31 (Buisness Orbital Vehicle) Paladin are finished! I am stoked! This turned out better than I had ever hoped for a first attempt at Computer mapping. Enjoy, Forum!

Question: Can I also Post this Map in the Finished Maps Threads? After I add the ledgend, that is...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paladin Map with All Graphics copy.jpg 
Views:	634 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	28947  

very nice, you might make the blue print a little less contrasty, but overall a very nice piece of work.
    repped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast