Thread: Fallout PnP

Guild Member Facebook Connected cjs0216's Avatar

Default Fallout PnP

Hey guys, I'm currently putting together a PnP rules set for Fallout. There are a couple other versions floating around, but I didn't like them. If anyone is interested in play testing, development, etc, drop me a line.
    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -Jiddu Krishnamurti

cool project
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

yeah, it has been fun, but I don't really have anyone I can play test it with...lol not too many nerds around here I guess.
    "It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -Jiddu Krishnamurti

well what and when do you need it to be done? With this massive 'Mapple" challenge I think most of us are kind of going nose to the grind stone on that. You are in VA I take it, I'm in AZ. There's a couple hours difference there. What rule system are you using or is it one you have created yourself? I probably don't have time to be much help but ya never know.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

nah, there's no timeline, i don't even know if i'll get to really play it, it's just one of those things to keep ya busy. i'm using my own rule set. before the "official" fallout pnp, i only played a d20 game like twice. but i always get so damn confused as to what everything is and how it works and i'm determined to make a simple system that focuses more on the story telling part of role playing rather than having to be concerned about everything that's in the original. I think it's coming a long, but again, i haven't play tested it so i don't know if there are some huge mistakes in math, etc. if you like i could thrown you a copy of the player's guide. it's like 2-3 pages long...lol that's it...for now anyways

Well, if anyone cares, I posted the first version of the rule set for this game. Check out the files section in on the Fallout PnP site in my sig. I'm going to start creating maps for it soon when I start the first source book.

Hmm, you know I wonder if you will have to change the name? I'm guessing "Falllout" is copyrighted by Bethesda as far as gaming goes. It's just something you might want to look into if you are going to grow this baby.

I'll try to look at things a bit closer if I get time. Right now I'm trying to focus on my Big Apple project.

I'll have to look in to that. I'm thinking that if I make people aware that the name Fallout is not owned by me and I'm not trying to sell it, it'll be fine. At worst Bethesda will send me a Cease and Desist notice, in which case I'll for sure have to change the name (and probably, I'll frame the letter). Another issue is that the game uses the same SPECIAL system as in the video games...I wonder if I'll have to change that as well? Maybe I'll call them or something.