Thread: Hi all, I'm Wolfgang

Default Hi all, I'm Wolfgang

Hi, I'm Wolfgang.

I guess I joined Catrographer's Guild because I've been making maps and drawing up city plans for games and for no reason for years now. Here are a few examples of my work, tell me what you think.

One I am not too proud of...

My current work in progress.

Hey Wolfgang, welcome to the guild! The WIP looks great, although i think the mountains need to be more prominent. Duplicating the layer a few times will easily do that. You should post a thread in the WIP section so that we can see your map progress and come to fruition
    Induite vos armaturam Dei
    Ephesians 6:11

Thanks Gallifreyan, I think that I will. I've only just started on the digital front of map design, so my work is a little rough.

Welcome aboard and it looks like that WIP is coming along nicely. I know how it is being new to the digital front. I'm still learning stuff and struggling over trying to make things look the way I can do it by hand. But, I learn with every map and I get faster each time so eventually I think I'll be good to go. You keep at it, and you will be doing some great stuff.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Welcome to the guild! The wip looks really great
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

It does look good. Have some rep for posting your early maps right off. If you start a WIP thread we can try to help out. Looks like you're following Ascension's atlas-style tutorial on the WIP? I've done that one a couple of times and played with some of the variables...and I'm sure more than a few others have done so as well. Welcome to the Guild!
    M