Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forest path / Tree experiment

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

that works great
    One thing (here he goes again) that might be interesting would to mark the squares where people can't go - ie where the tree trunks are, but it is always a choice between looking good and being functional
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Yeah I thought about that for a moment but then I figured it would only ruin the look of the map. Plus, I sort of figured if you wanted to stand up against a tree to hug it you probably could. Seeing as I was trying for more realistic looking trees I figured to drop that functional aspect. Also, if you really want to have a battle among the trees it would probably be a better idea to have a forest without the canopy. That way LOS could be easily established and it would be clear where you could move to.

If it was me using this map I think I would make movement more difficult once you got into the tree areas but I'm not an expert in miniature play.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

4e D&D just says double movement cost and then you get cover, so thats easy
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12