Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Portfolio Island

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

oh ... forgot to congratulate you on your 100th post - CONGRATS!
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thank you all! You make me really happy you like it.

The site is now filled with text - not much, but certainly better than dummy text.

And let me ask you a question: did anyone find the treasure allready? Maybe I buried the treasure too deep, I don't know ...

@ RobA

well, javascript works at least on more PC's than flash does, I think. For flash you need a plugin, which does not have every browser (especially older browsers) - but I don't know, I haven't worked with flash yet. Otherwise, some people fear javascript and put it manually off ... and without javascript the site won't work (until I've found a solution).

@ Marken4

do you mean the scrollbar at the right? Or are there any other scrollbars you see (those in the middle should be hidden by "overflow:hidden"? Well, I could try to make the whole site scrollable like the little contentwindow ... but that might give problems, when the browser is so small that it hides the contentwindow and "overscribes" the scrollable area. I am going to experiment a while around.

@ tilt

haha, thanks mate!

Quabbe

Blog Entries

I love it, Quabbe. Same as everything you do really. Damn you.

The actual island itself is beautiful. You should do a full map in that style for sure.

I found your treasure btw.

The only thing I dislike about the whole thing is the word "News" which just looks like you wrote it with too large a brush in a not very nice colour. Hehe.

Other than that though, great stuff indeed.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention, as you seem concerned with how it runs with and without JS etc. I thought I'd say that I always run Firefox with NoScript enabled so when I first loaded up the site I can tell you exactly how it runs with Javascript disabled. It lets me look at your portfolio and enlarge all the thumbnails but anything else I click on that requires your window to scroll doesn't work.
    Last edited by Ramah; 09-08-2010 at 02:52 PM.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Guild Member Facebook Connected Ilwan's Avatar

One of the best websites I have ever seen.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yep, this is really nice. Looking forward to updates when the treasure is filled in

How tricky is the javascript to do something like this? It looks great.

The site is remarkable! Portfolio Island is amazing and the compass-C is very nice.

I think that I have been to every page but couldn't find the treasure, maybe I need to keep looking.
    Induite vos armaturam Dei
    Ephesians 6:11

The solution is found! If javascript is disabled, the content will get a scrollbar now. Doesn't look good, but the site is at least usable.

@ Ramah

thanks kindly!

"News" has been repainted now into the same red like the other links.

Maybe I'll work on a bigger map in that style by time. As I began the project, I just took a large brush with low opacity and started painting. The result was not expected, but came out quite well.

@ Ilwan

wow, thanks for the compliment!

@ torstan

thank you too. It was pretty easy to implement the script. I got it from here and did only a few adjustments, mostly with CSS.

@ Gallifreyan

There is a hidden link somewhere with a decent hint where it could be. Perhaps I should give more hints in the text.

I'm glad you like the little logo!

Quabbe

Added to my bookmarks, right under this wonderful website here

Absolutely beautiful site, and maps!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Dain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quabbe View Post
    did anyone find the treasure allready? Maybe I buried the treasure too deep, I don't know ...
    Damn it, I can't find the treasure, MY treasure, sweet treasure
    Managed to find the hint but can't find any "cross" anywhere
    Wasn't he "x" in Cartography
    wasn't the "x" of the rosace
    Where is it? C'mon!! It's frustrating

Found the treasure

BTW Quabbe, The hint from the Village of the Lost Treasure was pretty clever, (hey that rhymes!) I liked it!
    Induite vos armaturam Dei
    Ephesians 6:11

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast