Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caeruin - The Complete Overview

Default Caeruin - The Complete Overview

Hey there,

this is a map of Caeruin where all the realms, lands, cities, holds, castles and villages are located. It is an alternate version of my Caeruin XXL map (see WIP here) in a satellite style.

My next maps will certainly get smaller. For now I'm ready with huge sizes and files. *sigh*

--> scrollable map here (map changed, sorry) <--

Quabbe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Caeruin-18.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	3.40 MB 
ID:	30434  
    Last edited by Quabbe; 10-26-2010 at 03:21 PM.

This is one beautiful map. I love those ice shelves. One question though - there are no ice shelves at the northernmost part of the map. How so?

Repped, at any rate.

I've also been thinking about, if not everywhere in the northern region must be ice shelf. No idea ... must? Anyway, I'm not a big fan of 'it's magic', but sometimes you just need to set priorities. In this case, it looks better with ice than without. And I was not in the mood, to fill the whole ocean with ice shelf.

Thanks for the rep!

Quabbe

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

that is beautiful - excellent work. I'll just stare it for the next 2 hours

very wonderful map ... I like the color. And the High Res map is spectacular

PS: ich werde mich jetzt eine Weile auf deiner Homepage zu Caeruin verlieren ... scheint ne interessante Geschichte zu sein.
    Last edited by Sonnenfalke; 08-28-2010 at 06:40 AM.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic27022_1.gif

Thanks, guys.

I made the map on my homepage now scrollable. Individual countries may also be driven directly. Yeah, I love JavaScript!

--> squeeze me <--

Please forgive me, actually only the first links work exactly (Harador). It's still under construction and I'm looking for a way to stop the autoscrolling when I want to continue scrolling with the mouse. My JavaScript knowledge is limited. So if anyone has a suggestion how I could do this ...

The (important) cities will also become an info box when hovering. But first I need to get everything right.

Quabbe

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That's really snazzy, I'm diggin it very much. Wish I knew how to do anything for a website, this is how I'd do it. The only thing I might change is that the map starts in the upper left, I'd make it zoomed out and centered.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Of course it's not an eyecandy when it is starting in the upper left edge. The plan is, to show a little intro (or even an infobox) at this place first.

I don't know how I make it zoomable. I think it's not compatible to mootools, what I'd use for the scrolling effects.

Well, it is not as mighty as http://mapventures.com/int/ (O_O), but it works well, is easily implemented and requires only a few HTML and CSS knowledges.

Quabbe

This is a beautiful map. And that scrolly thing is awesome! Have some rep!
    M

Guild Apprentice

I am "gobsmacked " with that map and idea of the scrollable map. I am particularly impressed with Harador 6/13 , 7/13 and 10/13. Is there a way to see more of 10/13 Unterschrift "Die Welt von? " My German is very limited and perhaps you have explained it somewhere where I missed it because of my lack of German.

Surveyor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast