Thread: Simple forest maker battlemap test

Default Simple forest maker battlemap test

I used this Simple Forest Maker to create this forest. I then used Gimp to cut out the paths for road and river and created the rest.

It's just a test run to see how useful it was. I spent about an hour but a lot of that was messing around with the water.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EcoforestTest.png 
Views:	979 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	29046  
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Not to draw attention away from this new app, but TreeThing could also be used to make top-down battlemap type forests. All it needs is the brushes making for it.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

I would love to use it but I'm clearly too stupid Ramah. I have it but it doesn't work. I open it but nothing seems to happen. I just need to go back and re-download it again and try once more. Now that you have a tutorial for it I might be able to create something with it. Whatever my malfunction is this application just worked out of the box for me. It had like 8 instructions which were read in like 5 minutes.

I want to create all my own brushes because I really dislike using anyone else's. I guarantee as soon as I get the TreeThing to work I will create a battlemap with it Or maybe something better. It does seem really robust and I honestly look forward to using it once I figure it out.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Actually, it's probably because I forgot to update the first post with the fixed version. :s

Sapiento told me of an error with it and I posted a fix for it at the end of the thread but forgot to upload a fixed version at the start. D'oh! I'll update it first thing tomorrow. Sorry.

As a quick fix you can just download the extra zip I posted at the end of the thread and unzip it into your root TreeThing directory.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt