Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: City Of Riverhewn WIP First map in GIMP

Guild Apprentice

I really like the farm lands and acreage and whatnot. Did you do that in CC3? I've been trying to do that sort of thing in PS but nowhere near succeeding. I've never been a huge fan of being able to see textures on buildings.. kinda like when you google map something, you can see the roof and anything unusual on it, but you dont see the tilework or the shingles. But, thats totally, MY thing. Regardless, I can't wait to see how this turns out (as hopefully get some pointers on the farmland plots and possibly trees).

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the feedback. I'm using gimp to make this map. As far as the farmland goes it a texture I modified from the Genetica Viewer. I've attached it for you if your interested.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crop Fields.png 
Views:	244 
Size:	592.3 KB 
ID:	29656
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Apprentice

Thanks! I'll be utilizing that soon enough I am sure.

Blog Entries

Wip Oh COME ON NOW....(or enough already..)

Yep Phase VII The longer I looked at this map the less I liked the "too" randomness of it. So because I can't get any of the city patterns that I like to work the way I would like them to..I am going to do it all by hand..(or by mouse to be precise) I drew up the "Ward" boundary's so I could properly place the "landmark" buildings. This will be a long and tedious process (and one that I will not share nightly with you to save you from falling asleep at your computer from boredom.. but I think In the end I will finally get the results I have been after...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Riverhewn Phase 7.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	29672
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

You may be onto something with this one. The lil markets seem to fit very well.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

After having read the thread about using other peoples stuff without permission or credit I find myself guilty of it as well. Here is a list of all the items and or locations in this map that were NOT created by me

1. Roof texture created by Mearrin69
    2. The original building pattern was taken and modified by me from a texture in the Genetica Viewer. (I don't know who originally created it)
    3. The last building pattern was also modified by me but not created by me. If you recognize it let me know and I will credit you and Thanks!!
    4. Map descriptions: The words "Riverhewn" "Merrian" "Northrun" "Southrun" "Lordsrun" "Fishome" " and "Woodsgate" are all original The following words were taken from the "World Of Greyhawk" Campaign Setting "Fler River" "Lake Quag" and "Dramidj Ocean".

Whew..There very well may be more stuff that I haven't credited if you see something that's yours let me know so I can credit you...

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Wip Done (at least enough for me)

Whew... I'm going to call this one done. I went yet another way with this at the last minute. It's not perfect but I like it. It "feels" right .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Riverhewn Final.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	30140

Finished Maps

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678