I think this sight is fantastic and I am very happy I discovered it.

Just recently I began dabbling in mapping in Photoshop after watching Butch Curry’s mapping videos that he posted on YouTube. Other than those videos, the majority of techniques I have found through web searches and on this sight seem to focus primarily on 3D mapping. I am not looking to create anything that sophisticated or realistic – at least not yet. Right now, I am focused on simple 2D town and city maps. One area I am struggling with is brushing in tones of green to represent grass of all things. I have seen stuff that I like – subtle shading – graduations in tint – the colors flowing through random shades of green – eventually fading to earth tones. Problem being, I have not been able to duplicate the same affects.

Can someone point me in the right direction on this sight or other sights where I can find a tutorial for creating this effect on my maps?

When I create a map that I like I will post to this sight for comments and suggestions. So far no such luck but still plugging away.

Nice to meet everyone and thanks in advance for all your help.

Raic