Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: August/September Entry The Abyssal Plane Of Despair- Domain Of The Dragonqueen

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip Topography Of Despair...

After listening to the sage advice of my fellow members I think I've got it...The "islands" look much better with a little depth. Oh and here's a quick explanations of the "rivers"

The Sorrowruns

Great rivers of sorrow split the main islands of the Plane. These "rivers" run like great torrents of emotion drained from the souls that inhabit this horrific place. From her lair in Darchome, The Dragonqueen uses these rivers to sustain her endless life.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	August_SeptemberMap.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	952.3 KB 
ID:	29258
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I'm "feeling" it a bit more with that revision. I didn't say before but I really like the font. Is that Trajan Pro? I like the understated labeling but maybe the main title could benefit from some sort of effects? Nothing garish, just something to call it out a bit.

If Darchome is the "capital" of this plane maybe it's symbol should stand out a bit more? I'd reduce the size of the others rather than making that one bigger.

Just some thoughts.

So what's the story with the grey/brown and blueish rocky terrain. Are they distinctive or is that just a lighting feature?
    M

Blog Entries

Wip

Thanks mearrin for the feedback. I did what you suggested and I like the result. Oh and yes the font is Trajan Pro. There is something about it that I really like maybe its the font's ability to "codify" something as abstract as despair. And for your enjoyment a description of "The Soul Pits" (the bluish gray area on the map)

The Soul Pits

Even souls can be exhausted of all usable byproducts. After being used and reused by not only the Dragonqueen but by the Abyssal Lords above and below her in rank, and by countless Demons for various purposes, the exhausted husks of souls end here in vast fields of ash. Countless souls will writhe and eventually dissolve on these horrible plains that are stalked by all manner of lowest Demons desperately scratching for sustenance.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	August_SeptemberMap.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	975.0 KB 
ID:	29272
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Post The Abyssal Lawyer..

I'd like to thank everyone for all the feedback on this project this was a lot of fun. Just to be clear in case anyone is wondering all the descriptions of the map including the explanations snippets are original. I find myself fascinated with the Abyss and have done a fair bit of writing about it. My stuff tends to differ from the D+D stuff that's out there although of course it's inspired by it. There will be more maps of the Abyss because this one was just too much fun!!

Finished Maps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12