Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: August/September Entry The Abyssal Plane Of Despair- Domain Of The Dragonqueen

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip August/September Entry The Abyssal Plane Of Despair- Domain Of The Dragonqueen

Well I've been working on this for a few days and this is what I came up with. Last minute but I wanted to give one of these challenges a try.

Backstory:

The Abyssal Plane of Despair floats atop an endless sea of grey the hard cracked ground gives no comfort to the hapless souls trapped there doomed to exist in this bleak realm for eternity. The Plane Of Despair is ruled by the Dragonqueen; a Red dragon that so impressed it's evil masters that she was rewarded with eternal life in this dark place. She has gone utterly mad and delights in the torment that she inflicts on the screaming souls that inhabit this plane.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	August_SeptemberMap.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	690.8 KB 
ID:	29205
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Totally awesome map...and what a great concept! Have some rep!
    M

Blog Entries

Thanks Very Much!!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Yes, this does look great.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

This turned out quite nicely...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Thanks everyone. This map has inspired me to do more Abyssal Planes. (at least I'll never run out...)

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Default A rare sunny day on the Plane Of Despair...

So here it is some small changes but I think it is done. This one was a lot of fun and win or lose it provided me with a lot of inspiration.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	August_SeptemberMap.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	693.4 KB 
ID:	29221

Finished Maps

This map looks wonderful and for a "last minute" project it is too good.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

If those are rivers of lava, you could make them look like they are spilling off the edge into 'abyss'...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Looking better...more dramatic. I like SG's suggestion about the rivers spilling off. What are those, anyway? I see many different colors in them. Now that I look at it again zoomed a bit I see that the islands look a little flat. Maybe a little bevel (experiment to see what looks good but I wouldn't make it too dramatic) or hand-shading to suggest edges? Maybe some suggestions of hills or mountains if this realm has them? Just some thoughts...there might not be time. Still, very impressive for such a short time spent on it!
    M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast