Thread: Map Legends / Keys for Industrial Age Fantasy

Help Map Legends / Keys for Industrial Age Fantasy

Hello fellow cartographers,

Flightless Terror Games
    The New Epoch: Industrial Age Fantasy

I would like to commission the following works, from a single artist (so that styles match). Our roleplaying game books are set in an industrial world fallen from grace, a dirty, sooty steampunk world that is a living breathing machine in itself. The first two books in this series have already been published. You can see them on RPGNow / DriveThruRPG already. The illustrations I am commissioning are for books 3 and 4, due to be released soon (we have a tight schedule).

Character Codex
    Equipment Codex
    Adventure Codex - Coming Soon
    World Codex
    Creature Codex
    Master Codex

None of the illustrations I want are actually maps as such. They are map legends: building blocks for players and GMs to make their own maps. I remember when I started roleplaying and had no idea how to draw a cliff -I hope to give readers the tools they need to immerse themselves in making wonderful maps. These symbols should be able to satisfy the industrial age feel of the setting, but are otherwise up to the artist. Each will be a work of art in itself -I'm dedicating nearly a full page of the book to each illustration.

• City Map Legend: I have a list of buildings, objects and city things (toll gates, walls, wells, stables for vehicles, gunsmiths, churches, taverns, etc) that need their own unique styles or symbols.

• Overland Map Legend: As above, but specifically for use in overland maps (cliffs, lakes, roads, rails, settlements, etc). Reuses the background, border of the City Map Legend. We have some unique terrain types that need their own symbols (ironwastes, blightwoods, etc). All these terrain types have large illustrations I will show you, so you'll have plenty of eye candy to design from.

• Exploration Map Legend: As above, but specifically for use in "dungeon" maps (traps, doors, stairs, walls, . Of course, some such places won't be dungeons as such. New Epoch uses a 1x1 yard grid, so sizes will be different than in 5x5-foot games (DnD).

Contact me promptly to find out more about the work. I'm awake at almost all hours, and delighted to hear from you :-) I usually pay by PayPal, but can work out a TT or bank account wire (slower) if need be.

Work Email or MSN: david@fltgames.com

The job has been taken. Thanks to all cartographers who contacted me -sorry I had to choose only one!
    Last edited by Masden; 09-15-2010 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Job Taken
    Look here m' boy! There be only two things you need know about totty: Plenty and often!

Job Taken.

Thanks to all who contacted me!
    Look here m' boy! There be only two things you need know about totty: Plenty and often!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Thread updated to show that commission was taken...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Wow, that was fast.

Not that I would have applied for this, I wouldn't have, but not everyone who frequents this board is on all the time. I realise people sometimes have tight schedules for their commissions but leaving an offer up for at least a few days can give more people a chance to reply and who knows, maybe net you a more appropriate artist.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt