Thread: Seandomhan v2.1

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Seandomhan

Hey fellows,

after reading the forum and some good comments on my first-post-map I decided to repaint my world Seandomhan (gaelish: "The Old World") - not completely but in details.
    I tried to reorganize the landmass to have better prerequisites for mountains and rivers (and yeah - I fear the River Police but I learned a lot! ) and the
    political organization (but that later).

Yes I know ... the world (this part) has a shredded look but I dislike some of these one-isle-only worlds or the ones with too huge continents.
    So one of my two problems (the other one is that) is the decision where to paint the mountains so that they're placed in a ... I want to say "correct geographical way". So if I look on the landmass and try to finger it out where the oceanic plate collides with a continental plate and on the other hand the collision of two continental plates - I have to capitulate because it a bit to high for me - I'm not a professor of geography. So if anyone has a good idea - please feel free to post it or mark it on my map.

So this is the 1st version of my 2nd try (1st was here) ... only white landmass and blue water without details, coasts, rivers and islands.

regards
    o/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_Seandomhan_v2_1.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	711.7 KB 
ID:	29252  
    Last edited by Sonnenfalke; 09-21-2010 at 04:15 AM.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic27022_1.gif