Thread: Organization 8 Warehouse

Default Organization 8 Warehouse

My second battlemap ever. Finally got the guts to post it

The crates have outlines for height. Green = one level, Blue = 2 levels, Red = 3 levels (which leads to the catwalk around the perimeter of the third level where the "control room" is). There are multiple ways into the warehouse: The main door in the south west, the roof entrance (empty room) in the south east, and the loading docks from the east.

A glowing green vat in the center of the warehouse is controlled from some sort of gnome / goblin apparatus on the top level control room.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	warehouse.jpg 
Views:	751 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	29309

You have done quite a nice job on this map.

I really like the way you organized the crates elevation using outline colors.Really functional.
    One, or two questions: how high above the ground level is the catwalk supposed to be cause I can easily imagine a character taking a (nice) fall from up there.
    Also do you mind to explain how is somebody supposed to enter from the east.I imagine from those things with the number 8 on them that must go underground or something but I'm not sure.

Finally, to stop rabbling I have to say that this map could easily find use in a stealth-based campaign.Repped.

Hey. I repped you for your Elmmoss town hall but this one's even better. Have some virtual rep. Nice map and interesting stuff...I want to know what that vat does. Keep 'em coming. We don't get enough battlemaps around here.
    M

Thanks again all. I've been looking at all the amazing work on this forum for 2 years before I got the guts to post. Now I'm glad I did!

I thought this might be a fun one for people to take and run with it.

@Avengeil: The catwalk on top was a (on level 1 - 5) 1d6+5 damage fall in 4th Ed, with a DC17 Acrobatics for reduced / no damage, depending how you wanted to swing it or how many crates were in the way, or if it was a fall / thrown off

To enter from the east, we had those three covered wagons (yeah, they're suposta be covered wagons, lol - but they'd make great a entry to the underground!!).

@mearrin: In my game, the vat was a grotesque chamber that I saw trying to use to really paint a really EVIL picture for these bad guys. They were essentially combining all the worst bits of the undead with fey energy. Taking skeletons and spraying flesh and muscle strands that would kinda stick to the bones all disgusting. Then they'd get zapped with this fey energy and they'd be converted from a minion into a random soldier, artillery, etc.

But the thing I really like about the map is that it could be used for any type of encounter. Another idea I had was that there's something trapped inside the chamber that's being studied or used for a power source (like the shardmind or something).

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, makes me want to make more maps!!!

Repped....Good job!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Blog Entries

Yeah - Repped from me too. Very nice. If you thought you needed courage to post this then your undervaluing your talent.

Like the labels on the boxes and the green glow, it just smacks of superhero action or something.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

You're right Jaxilon - it would be a fun "secret" base or something - I didn't even think of that!!