Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CSUAC archives

Excellent news!!!

Fantastic news!!!
    Looking forward to download these...

It may be that Cecil is belligerent but it may also be some entirely and reasonable reason like that he got permission from a number of the copyright holders on condition that he would not freely distribute it without some restrictions.
    I've worked closely with Cecil for a few years now on the FM8 conversions of the CSUAC. To suggest that Cecil is belligerent is absolute nonsense. The symbols, objects, textures and fills in the CSUAC are the work and intellectual property of many people. These works are not in the public domain. The authors also did not release them under an open source license or anything similar. But they did give Cecil permission to distribute all of their work free to all of us under the CSUAC license, which is very liberal in terms of usage but restrictive in terms of redistributing the graphics in their original form as symbols, objects, textures and fills. When I think of the amount of unpaid time Cecil put into assembling and distributing this excellent collection, and the expenses he has occurred in doing so, seeing the word belligerent being associated with his name makes my blood start to boil a little.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Blog Entries

I was pointing out that there might be a reason other than him being possibly belligerent that he did not allow the distribution... It seems much more likely to me that the reason he didn't distribute the files was more to do with the agreements he had with the sources than anything he personally wanted to do.

I'll maybe save a few people some time - don't bother looking for old versions of the site via archive.org . You had to log in to get to the CSUAC material, so it wasn't archived. Ditto for the GM's Parlor and GamemasterSyndicate sites- archive.org's bot doesn't pick up much in the way of .zip, .exe, .sit files.

On the other hand, there ARE other archives of Dundjinni Forum content - this thread for instance. Somebody else will have to rummage around and say if there's usable / accesible art therein.... dungeon mapping quit being my forte' about thirty years ago :-). Or were / are these textures and objects usable for all scales of mapping?

Those seem to be the ones in question. Correct me if I´m wrong, I´ve never seen the archives before.

http://www.halerecordings.com/gaming...p?g2_itemId=29

Any updates on the future availability of the CSUAC files?

Thanks,

Don

Quote Originally Posted by dfmoss View Post
    Any updates on the future availability of the CSUAC files?Don
    Cecil has been silent for some time now, but you still can get the CSUAC at the mirror site:

http://www.halerecordings.com/gaming...p?g2_itemId=29

These are in Dundjinni (R) format. If you use Fractal Mapper (TM) you need to add default.xml files to the catalogs. If you want to use them with CC3, you'll have to do a lot of conversions. The FM8 and CC3 versions are not currently available. The FM8 default.xml files are quite easy to add. For the details download our free raster mapping tutorial in the Vintyri (TM) Cartographic Collection section of our website:

http://www.vintyri.org
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Default CSUAC new link

Our beloved CSUAC archive can now be found at: http://www.halegaming.com/index.php?...egory&catid=37

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast