Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CSUAC archives

Default CSUAC archives

I guess i am getting into the hobby a little late.

i am looking for a collection of textures and other content to get me starting mapping.

Reading this site and others, it seems the best was CSUAC, but no link to the files work any longer. Could someone make these available again? If i was givin a copy i would gladly seed a torrent of them for months to give back to the community.

Not legal to do so. From my understanding, all of the images came from Dundjinni's forums over the past few years, so they are all available over there on the forums if your looking for some specific stuff. There is also RPGMapshare.com which has a number of nice images.

Currently, there are several entities who are trying to work with the original owner of the CSUAC hosting site(GMsApprentice.com) to try to license the ability to host the files, but no luck so far.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Ok, but they had made this collection available for free download for years correct? And you say the content is still freely available on the forms, just not in a cleanly organised set of directories?

Quote Originally Posted by davschm View Post
    Ok, but they had made this collection available for free download for years correct? And you say the content is still freely available on the forms, just not in a cleanly organised set of directories?
    Correct. Mostly the issue has to do with Cecil (the person who gathered all of these files) contacted each and every artist and got permission to rehost the files in a collection. I also believe that he attributes each piece to the original artist. Just because something is free does not mean people have the right to do whatever they wish with it.
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

OK, thanks for the info. I wish i had gotten into this a few months ago, then i would have access to this resource.

Blog Entries

I'm sure it will rise like a phoenix again at some point. I would assume that the issue is with his cost in bandwidth hosting it so if that were the only case it could be re-hosted elsewhere no problem. It may be that Cecil is belligerent but it may also be some entirely and reasonable reason like that he got permission from a number of the copyright holders on condition that he would not freely distribute it without some restrictions.

@jfrazierjr: If you know of any reason why its not being given the permission required to host and that we here at the guild could overcome it then let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    @jfrazierjr: If you know of any reason why its not being given the permission required to host and that we here at the guild could overcome it then let us know.

As mentioned on another thread, I know Azhrei has contacted him about possibly hosting the archive on the RPTools site, however.. I have no idea if they have actually "talked" or if Azhrei is just reaching out to him. I can try to find out from him though.
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:

Please do, thank you.

The artwork and GM's Apprentice should be returning in a month or two.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Huzzah! Great news.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast