6 15.79%
  • The Vorterris Islands by Gallifreyan

3 7.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** August/September Lite Challenge VOTING ***

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

wow - great entries all, took some time to choose from all those and I wished I had about 13 votes more to go
    My absolute favorite were Diamonds map - really great idea and very well done
    Map Vandal and krolak got my other two votes for their great looking maps.
    I tried to rep you all - cause you deserve it, but the "man" won't let me ... I've given out to much when I was about halfway through ... so in the words of Senator Swartzenegger "I'll be back"
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I just had to vote for RJbeals, Mapvandal, and Marken4.

--The first because it is amazingly well crafted, beautifully put together, and every detail looks professional.
    --The second because I just love the illustration style and the peaceful vibe, despite it not being especially "mappy." I also appreciate each person who didn't go for the most straightforward island/water interpretation of the image.
    --The third because I just really liked the simplicity and and strong profile-impact of the image (though I hesitated as thus was the only one that seemed to alter the original shape of the original Rorschach image).

Like everyone said, really great effort put in this week: several entries are the quality I'd expect to see in the main challenge rather than the 'lite' one. RJBeals especially--you should go play with the big boys for a gold medal so us lowlier entrants can collect more silvers. Anyway, time to hand out rep...

Man.. why they call this the "lite" challenge?? Both creativity and execution this month is VERY good... Can choose only three ... I went for MV, RJBeals and IG... cheers!

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

Talk about a lot of entries! wow. voted for Jaxi, Rjbeals, and MapVandal. good job all; I'll get around to repping everyone when I have a spare half hour

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

Thanks for the votes fellow guilders - and the positive feedback. This was really refreshing for me, and I enjoyed the challenge. As far as playing with the big boys - this was my first challenge and I needed to get my feet wet with you guys. The big boys of this site still blow me away - but they keep me motivated for sure. And I will be entering the New York comp for sure. I just scrapped my Central Park map for a new idea (no thread yet) - but It's more personal to me, and it's more than just a standard map.

But like I said, this was a lot of fun, and I'm glad I stumbled upon the challenge and took a shot.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Everyone did a great job thats for sure. I had to vote for you. Ava (that's my little one) liked your map so much she begged me to print it out and hang it in her room. Don't think I'd be hanging the "Realm Of The Dragonqueen" in her room though...
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Congratulations Rjbeals!! you certainly deserved the win. And congrats to everyone all the entries were awesome. Can't wait for the next challenge!!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

Thanks jtougas. Thats pretty cool your daughter wanted a print on her wall. It is a kid friendly map - as it features my daughter on a Polaroid. And also congrats to the huge lot of other competitors. Great community and support for each other here. You'll be seeing me around !

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Congratulations RjBeals! You know have a very shiny piece of silverware under your name and some well deserved rep. Good work!

Congratulations Rjb - an excellent map, well done and I knew you were going to be the one to beat.

So, do Diamond and MapVandal also get silver medals or is there three votes but only 1 winner?
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast