6 15.79%
  • The Vorterris Islands by Gallifreyan

3 7.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** August/September Lite Challenge VOTING ***

Blog Entries

Default *** August/September Lite Challenge VOTING ***

The entries are in and we've had an exceptionally high turnout for this month's lite challenge. Congratulations especially to all those who have entered for the first time!

To vote, please:
    1. Look at the thumbnails:
    Rorschach Map Challenge Thumbs
    2. Review the guidelines that were set out for the competitors:
    Roschach Map Challenge Details
    3. Vote for Three (3) entries in the poll.
    4. Rep all the entries you voted for and any others that you like.

This poll will last for 4 days and will close on the 20th (or so) of September. Good luck!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Lot's of great entries this time, very tough to choose. Congratz to all who entered!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Too bad that we could only vote for three entries cause they were so many that deserved a vote.
    Anyway I voted for "Gilmore's Forest" (which is my favorite map),"The Battle of Sugar Highs" and for "The Lookout Islands".Congratulations to everyone.
    And now it's time to hand out some(okay a lot) of rep.

Awesome entries this time around, guys. You made it crazy hard to spend just three votes. Mine went for:

1) Diamond, The Human Diaspora - Cool concept and great, unexpected use of the shapes. Masterfully executed.
    2) RecklessEnthusiasm, Collapsed Bunker - Another great use of the shapes...and it's post-apocalyptic!
    3) Rjbeals, Lookout Islands - What can I say? Wow. One of the prettiest maps I've ever seen. And yet, there's something creepy...

If I could spread more votes I'd send them first to Map Vandal (another pretty map), krolac (lovely map and beautiful style, such detailed development), Industry Gothica (yummy colors and that labeling is killing me), jtougas (hey, I also loves me some extra-planar locations)...well, okay, I'd throw one to everybody that entered because they're all incredible maps. Rep all around when I get a chance.
    M

I will make it short: Good entries everywhere and rep to all (as far as I can)!
    My favourites are Diamond, RecklessEnthusiasm and tilt, because they really transferred the shape to another level.

Blog Entries

I liked Reckless's map a lot. Nicely rendered and such a good and novel idea which for me is a strong quality to have on a challenge map. I also went with RJBeals map cos it was pretty and showed great painting expertise and then Jax's map cos it was unusual and interesting and quite a tough call to pull off. But super job to all who entered. Theres not one map among them not up to main challenge quality.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*The thief enters the polling place and smirks....*

No I did not vote for myself(there were too many better entries..) Everyone did a great job I'm glad I got mine together in time and I'm happy with it.

1. Lookout Island: Just a beautiful map (and my daughter wanted to vote for it)
    2. Collapsed Bunker: Just a cool use of the shapes and a great map
    3. Sky Islands: as a golfer I want to play THERE..so Jax how much are green fees?...
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The repper seems to be broken so I'll have to come back and rep my votes: RJB, Reckless, and Krolac, with Honorable Mention to Vandal.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I have sort of taken to not voting when I'm in the contest but with 3 votes to toss around I think it's ok. I don't vote for myself because well, it just doesn't feel right to me and if I loose by 1 vote I figure my entry must not have been strong enough to blow the competition away.

So, my votes went to

RJB - just a beautiful map, I think this will be really hard to beat. Nicely done. I also agree, there is something kind of creepy about it...like it's too good to be true and it scares me. Add in some Cathulhu monsters and that's a nightmare waiting to happen.
    Diamond - Loved the use of the shapes and all the great looking tidbits on the map just make this fun to look at.
    Krolac - Just a very clean usage of the shapes to make a nice looking map that is pretty much what we expect to see around here.

I also loved RE's map and if I could have seen some flooring or blown out computers down thru the black areas I'd have been totally sold.
    Rogueleaders was gorgeous but needed a bit more mapiness to be a map, great artistic image though.
    Tilt's map was great and always made me smile looking at it.

Like others have said they were all great maps and that's what is so nice to see. Everyone should be really pleased with their entries as all of them are worthy contenders.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Holycarp. Great entries this time around. This is so hard to vote, I've managed to trim down my choices to 7 by being totally ruthless with my criteria. I'm just not able to narrow it down further, there's stuff in there that would kick butt in standard challenges let alone lite challenges

I may have to take a day or so and come back to finish the vote.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast