Thread: The Town of Brighton

Default The Town of Brighton

Made for a work-in-progress Labyrinth Lord adventure module Dark Times in Brighton I'm working on, this is my first serious CC3 attempt. I hope it doesn't suck... am hoping for some critique to help my skillz grow. Please be gentle lol...
    Last edited by Bill_Logan; 09-13-2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Edit: Original image was deleted to save webspace for owners of site. Please scroll down posts to find current WIP image.

Looks pretty good to me. My only suggestion is to tone down the colors somewhat and introduce some roof color variation if you can (don't know how CC3/CD3 works). I really like the layout...seems like you have an eye for city design. The fields and their distribution are lovely. Have some rep!
    M

Okay - I figured out how to configure CC3 to provide some diversity among building types and colors. I also got rid of the default borderwork from CC3 and added something of my own. I know I didn't do anything about the colors, but here is the work-in-process... please comment?

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*the thief rides into Brighton and his eyes are immediately captured by the Tower roofs..."Hmm.." he says to himself "Are those giant....rubies"..?*

Looking good Bill just a suggestion from another noob. You might want to think about lightening the color of your tower roofs (the ruby colored ones) All in All a most excellent job!!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Looks good overall. You don't 'need' to change anything... If you are going to take it into GIMP or PS for a makeover then I'd suggest colour selecting the brightest parts and turning down the saturation. And putting some subtle hilly texture into the grassed areas. You could soften the harsher river edges while you were there.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Thanks for the feedback, all!

The colors are a bit bright. I don't notice it when I'm on my home PC, but when I view the image from work (hehe) it looks very intensely colored. Guess my home monitor handles colors a little differently.

I can tone the "rubies" down, no problem. I agree they look a bit intensely colored for painted wood :-)

The river's sharp edges bother me quite a bit. The tools in CC3 are excellent, but fall short in a few ways. I'll play around in photoshop and see what I can do about these things!!