Thread: City of Vallanox

Wip City of Vallanox

Hi All –

Here is my first posting of a map on this wonderful forum. The onus of this city map is for a role-playing forum that I am a member of, which is writing based. I must confess my prose is much stronger than my mapping skills in Photoshop. Along with members on this forum, I have started a fantasy world-building project. The city of Vallanox is one place within this world. I posted it as a WIP not so much that more features will be added to the map, but because as stories are written for characters living in Vallanox, details of what each building is, based on member posts for their characters, will be added including floor plans of said buildings. The same is true of Vallanox itself. It is mapped out as a zoomed view from a larger world map and is based on a description of the city that was provided by one forum member who is participating in the project.

Anyway, your feedback is welcome.

Thanks

Raic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vallanox_final.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	29362  

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome!! More writers who map or is it mappers who write...
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

The map seems quite good for your purposes, and a lot better than many RPGers get to play with. There are a few technique issues with regard to blurring and blending, but you have clearly represented what you needed to.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I struggle with the finer touches that can make all the difference in a map. I did this one on a laptop with just the touch pad and left and right buttons. Not really the best tools of the trade – lol

I definitely can paint a better picture with words than with ink, pen, and brush.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raic View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I struggle with the finer touches that can make all the difference in a map. I did this one on a laptop with just the touch pad and left and right buttons. Not really the best tools of the trade – lol

I definitely can paint a better picture with words than with ink, pen, and brush.
    Hmm..there are MORE buttons?....Who didn't tell me? Off with their heads!!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
    Hmm..there are MORE buttons?....Who didn't tell me? Off with their heads!!
    lol - Gawd I hope not. Two is the most I can handle at one time. Though I have heard strange rumors of a thing called a mouse and something called a … tablet ... I believe.