Thread: How do I select the coastline?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Default How do I select the coastline?

I created a coastline of the US on a transparent layer atop a blank white background. I'm trying to just select the coastline so that I can start filling in the ocean and then the land masses... but when i attempt to do that, the lines are selected by color goes everywhere, not just where I want. Is it something I did wrong or is Cntrl+Clicking the thumbnail the wrong way to do it?

I'd attach the psd but the uploader won't let me.

Quote Originally Posted by verdilak View Post
    I created a coastline of the US on a transparent layer atop a blank white background. I'm trying to just select the coastline so that I can start filling in the ocean and then the land masses... but when i attempt to do that, the lines are selected by color goes everywhere, not just where I want. Is it something I did wrong or is Cntrl+Clicking the thumbnail the wrong way to do it?

I'd attach the psd but the uploader won't let me.
    Can you do a series of screen dumps and save them as JPegs? Are you trying to select a transparent section of the layer or the line itself. Perhaps your coastline has a 'leak'.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Guild Apprentice

That was it... 1 single pixel 'leak' *sigh*

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*The thief walks in with tool belt and wearing ill fitting trousers " I hear you have a leak..."*
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.