Thread: Photoshop gui for Gimp?

Default Photoshop gui for Gimp?

Note: This may be software that has not been updated in years according to some of the posts I read but those may be old posts as well.

I don't know if this is of use to anyone but in case you know or knew Photoshop but don't have it now, you can download Gimp and use Gimpshop, a Gui overlay that makes Gimp look like Photoshop with the same names for things, etc.

I don't know Photoshop and I don't have any way of verifying how well this works but for any who use Photoshop but want to do something in Gimp - because obviously everyone wants to use Gimp this may be an option.

I wonder how well it works?
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

sounds like a fun idea - but in my opion you're better of just learning GIMP as it is. Now I haven't tried GIMP, but it can't be that hard to learn if you know photoshop allready.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

You are probably right. The only thing so far that I'm jealous of that I see in Photoshop is those fudge mountains. I can't seem to get those in Gimp...dangit
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

what I miss in photoshop are non-transparent colored brushes so I could paint a tree and brush away.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise