Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: World Map

Wip World Map

Greetings All,

I'm beginning a new World Map. Here is what i have so far. not much yet but more to come very soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewMap.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	29434  
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice start, I really like the colors.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Wip

Thanks Jtougas!

Im making up this world as i go along. I think i have all the mountain ranges where i want them and ive started to rough some in. Up until i started putting in the mountains, i had done the whole thing with a mouse. Using my Wacom tablet to draw all the mountains now. Its gonna take a while doing it all by hand, but i think the end result will end up better and i dont mind because i'm burning some scented oil, listening to some ambient relaxation music, have the fan blowing gently with a slow oscillation, and have the lights down to a warm glow. I could draw mountains all night with this atmosphere, however the human body almost never fails to remind me that it needs to recharge. Blasted human needs are getting in the way of my mapping...

anyway, good night and critiques are welcome

Views:	127 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	29510  
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Wip

Got sidetracked with the mountains. played with the colors and added a few little touches to the map. ill get back to the mountains soon.

Views:	186 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	29702  
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Looking great so far. I like the colours and the border. The mountains are nicely done too. (middle range isn't quite as good as the others IMHO) Well done.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Wip change up

Decided to change the style of this map. the roughed in sketches are just ideas i had for the art aspect of this style. i was thinking of a sort of good vs evil theme with all the good things of this realm being portrayed on the top and the evil on the bottom. as far as the map itself goes, im gonna show boundaries and the names of countries and cities. i may put in some faint mountains and rivers. Its been fun getting it to this point.

Name:	Oldworldstyle.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	2.73 MB 
ID:	29952  
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

It looks gorgeous, dude. Keep on truckin'. Had to rep you even tho it's not done yet.

Really digging the way this is turning out. The four perspectives of the globe really makes it pop. Keep it up!
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Wip Update

added a few things. Im planning on doing air, fire, water, and earth portrayals in the corners around the globes. only have air done so far. still gotta label all the cities and bodies of water and i think ive decided to illustrate a time line of this realm's history in the boxes on the top and bottom of the map.

any input is welcome.

Name:	Oldworldstyle2.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	3.20 MB 
ID:	30090  
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wow that is beautiful !! watching this eagerly..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast