Thread: Storm Isle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Storm Isle

Not sure what this is exactly so I wasn't sure where to post it. Here will do I guess.

This started out as me doodling mountains, trying to refine a slightly different style. Then it was going to be a quick test map and I drew a coast in that stretched all down the left side. Then I got bored with that and decided to make it an island. Then I figured I would make it a map again but as I was doing it I figured it would be just more of a quick painting.

It took me about two hours. It was all going to be in a very rough style and done in two colours - dark brown and light grey - but then I added the green over the forest just to try and emphasize the difference between the two areas. Most of the image was done, apart from some of those early mountains, without zooming in. It's not brilliant but I am quite pleased with how it turned out, seeing as this is my first painting in nearly twenty years and my first true digital painting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Storm_Isle.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	795.6 KB 
ID:	29461
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

that looks great Ramah, and congratulations on your first digital painting, and two hours - thats pretty fast
    I haven't painted since the mid ninetees and miss it a little, but now I got my tablet I'm planning to trying my hand at it again
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise