I’ve been working on the Rite Publishing project Coliseum Morpheuon and it’s finally seen the light of day! The high level Pathfinder adventure features a series of fiendish challenges and I drew the maps. Of course this means a whole selection of new fantasy map packs hitting the shelves. First out of the bag is the Clockwork Maze:
The map pack is now on sale at RPGNow and shortly at Paizo. It features a very steampunk map – a deadly clockwork maze inside an old clocktower. Here’s a small preview of the full size map in the pack:
The pack include:
* High resolution jpgs of the map for use in virtual tabletops (100px per grid resolution).
* greyscale and colour pdf packs that allow you to print off the map for use at the gametable with 1 inch squares in both A4 and US letter sizes
* A collection of all the cogs as separate png files for you to use in creating your own steampunk creations. Sized for 100px grids so they are compatible with all my previous tilepacks.
* Maptool files with vision blocking geometry for both 4e and Pathfinder (using maptool 1.3.b63).
You can find the pack on RPGNow here.
My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Ghoraja Juun, my largely stagnated campaign setting.
Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.
looks very cool as usual torstan, I wonder what traps hide in that maze
:: My art on Deviant Art :: My mapping blog tilts fantasy maps :: My work Catapult - Perry & Gehrke - EasyTruckIT ::
:: Finished Maps :: WIP Cartographia - Breakwater -Market -Lands of Twilight -Battle City :: Competion maps Iron Giant ::
:: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise
I'm almost positive that I'd get my finger stuck in there.
If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
-J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)
My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps
Oh yeah baby, that's a cape wearer's nightmare right there
Great looking stuff Torstan!
It certainly has, but I'm seeing more and more influences in rpgs these days. A lot of third party game settings are adding in clockwork horrors, gears and cogs. Zobeck has a strong steampunk element, the New Epoch is actually built on a cog, and Rhune is described as viking steampunk (or stormpunk!). So I guess I've just had a glut of maps with cogs in them recently, and it's nice to be able to release a map for them.
Thought I'd best add this on to the end of the previous map pack post so that I don't clutter up the news page. Here's the third map pack in the set:
This one has glass ships separated by ice floes over a frigid sea. It was created for Coliseum Morpheuon, and acts as the arena for a capture the flag scenario. It can be used for a sea crossing in cold climes, or an entry into a frozen underwater adventure.
The pack can be found here and includes:
• High res jpg with and without grid for use in virtual tabletop programs
• multipage pdf in greyscale and colour, in letter and A4 formats for printing out at the table
• maptool files for OGL and 4E