Thread: Greetings!!

Help Greetings!!

Greetings one and all! New member here from Lexington, Kentucky. You all have a fantastic forum! There's some excellent talent here. And then there's me.

I'm on the prowl for a good tutorial on creating castle designs/layouts using Profantasy's Castles Source Maps software. (I'm also open for using other software like Photoshop Elements.) I'd love to be able to create my own Medieval castle layouts. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the magical wonder landscape that is the Guild! I'd say if you already know how to use CC, stick with that, or if you want to go Adbobe, do that--but that's just me: Choose one and stick with it.

I can't wait to see your posts and progress! Take care
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Hi Robber Baron (nice name by the way).

Welcome to the guild. Feel free to ask any questions. No question is too dumb. I prove that on a regular basis. I agree wholeheartedly with Pyrandon. This forum in particular has taught me that there are no good and no bad applications, there are just people who are good at using a particular app and those that are not as good. The beauty of this forum is that it can convert you from the one category to the other. Consider me another vote for the "stick to the software that you know" party, although the CC users can be a boisterous lot so dont accept a drink unless you see it poured (Just kidding, they're almost as cool as the Gimp users).

Welcome.
    Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Welcome!

I don;t own the Castle or temple sources, but doesn't mean I can;t help with CC3 questions.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thank you all for responding. I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!

I have CC2 and most of the add ons. I haven't really worked with it in a couple of years so whatever I knew has flown the coop. I certainly don't recall doing work as detailed as some of the castles that I've seen in Castles Source Maps.

I'm fair with Photoshop Elements. That comes from being a photographer. There are some excellent tutorials dealing with Photoshop here!

Hi Robber Baron - welcome! We always have room for another Campaign Cartographer user here!

I have the Castles add-on, but I recently removed CC2 from my computer so I don't have access to it anymore. I'm waiting for Profantasy to release the CC3 compatability update for it.

I have been using CC in one form or another for about ten years, so if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask us!
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales