Thread: B&W Signal Tower (WIP)

Default B&W Signal Tower (WIP)

I am currently working on a small signal tower based on a Scottish L-plan tower house. My intent is to stick with black and wite to make it printer-friendly. Later on I will do a smaller bitmap-based color version for DM's and an isometric cutaway view.

Most of my stuff has been bitmap or else really old school blue lately, so B&W is a nice change.

Anyway, here is what I have so far...

A local area map showing the small tower overlooking a small river and a minor trail emerging from the woods to the North.

Next is a series of battle maps sized at 1 square = 5'. The 1st floor contains a dog-leg entryway, a large food storage area, a kitchen, and an armory.

The second floor contains a bunkroom, a small officer's room, two latrines and a large common room.

The rood is crenelated

For the top of the signal tower, I envision it to be similar to a lighthouse with a fresnel lens oil lamp, a metal and glass enclosure, and a telescope.

That is what I have done so far. I need to adjust the contrast, add text and legend, and tidy it up some. Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions.

Oops,

Looks like my JPGs are too large. Is there any way to resize them on this site, or do I need to change the size of the originals. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	level 4.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	196.2 KB 
ID:	29544   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	level 2.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	402.6 KB 
ID:	29545   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	area map.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	233.7 KB 
ID:	29546   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	level 1.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	453.7 KB 
ID:	29547   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	level 3.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	428.5 KB 
ID:	29549  

Last edited by aramis; 09-21-2010 at 01:40 AM. Reason: fixed image sizes

I think you included them 'inline'. If you just click the "done" button on the bottom right of the loader they should come in as thumbnails that can be clicked on to zoom.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Thank you Jaxilion. Very noob mistake on my part, but it looks like I have it figured out now with your help.

No worries, that's perfect. Nice maps of a building too.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Cool stuff. I like your style.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Guild Apprentice

Very cool. Though you might want to have the front door and the next door following that opening up the other way. Since it is a signal tower, it can be expected to be attacked, and a door opening towards the outside instead of the inside is much easier for someone top open against the wishes of those inside the signal tower. If the door open to the inside, then they can at least brace and barricade the doors to prevent entry.