Thread: Torch-lit shrine

Default Torch-lit shrine

Here is a battlemap for a shrine that I did some time ago. In order for the PC's to defeat the boss monster in their adventure, they had to first go on a quest to find the relics of a famous Bard. This is the Bard's shrine that they ultimately found.

The light from the brazier's casts shadows below the statues. This combines with the light and shadows from the torches in a complex pattern on the tiles.

Of course once the PC's found the shrine, the Bard made them pass several challenges before they coul take his magical lute, sword, and shield (highlighted by the magical purple glow) to ultimately fight the boss monster in it's lair.

This was one of my first attempts at using lighting effects.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SirGeffect.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	29550  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Lighting can be a real pain-in-the-butt, looks like you did a nice job with this.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

That's pretty good. Well done. I always get frustrated with interior lighting in CC3, and end up doing it in photoshop.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..