Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Manhattan in Anagrams

Default South Manhattan in Anagrams

It's not original, but I had to do something...

Here's my first WIP (drawing the city took about an hour, doing the labelling & anagrams through the generator is a slog (6 hours so far) and not much fun and there's still a ton of streets to do) Most of the anagrams aren't even that funny. Still, I like 'Hooter Tormentors' . I guess that now I've started I'll stay with it for the want of a better idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	render_01.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	29569  

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

* wipes eyes and gasps for breath*...not funny??..are you kidding it's killing me just to read it.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Genius, but not interesting before you zoom in and read the labels

Phew....thanks for the encouragement. I've only visited NYC once, so I have no idea if the anagrams are hitting the mark given the places / streets etc. It is all about the labels, but I think it needs something more before it becomes a decent entry....not sure what though!

Thanks again, this was feeling like a thankless task.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Littlest tweeters and smutty rearers are my favourites so far I love it as an idea. It ould be nice to have some anagrams of the larger areas - like the hudson river and perhaps even Manhattan - so that viewers can see the concept at a glance and then they'll be drawn in to look at all the detail.

Keep up the good work!

Great Idea, Torstan, will do. On a more serious note the two around ground zero (Severest Yet 'Vesey Street' and Bitterly Terse 'Liberty Street') seem kind of right too.

Very awesome idea! "Ate Dentures" and "Erect Rotters" are my favs
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

I'm disturbed by the fact there is the intersection of Hottest Smear and Waterway Bods. I'm sure there is a "Not Safe For Work" movie about something like that...
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Very nice idea and I like the fact that there are so many streets that it's hard for somebody looking at the map to run short of anagrams(even though that's not necessarily good for you)

Blog Entries

Superb. I bet you'll be the one getting sales off of this one.

More... more...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast