Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: September/October Entry: Tears Of A Dragon

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think your going in the right direction with the latest entry - the challenge did say "Map a town" ... and its looking nice
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I agree with tilt about going on the right direction with this map (even though I wouldn't have a problem voting for you if you're dragon was nice)

You've got some frisky bussel sprouts there. They're all over eachother!
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    I think your going in the right direction with the latest entry - the challenge did say "Map a town" ... and its looking nice
    Thanks!!, I think I was trying to be too clever with the "tears of a dragon" idea although I might still finish it just for me... oh and could someone please change the title of this thread to "September/October Entry: The Sawmill at Northrun"...Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Avengeil View Post
    I agree with tilt about going on the right direction with this map (even though I wouldn't have a problem voting for you if you're dragon was nice)
    That was the thing that was scaring me the most...I came up with the idea and then spent an hour asking myself whether or not I could actually DO it...

Quote Originally Posted by Aval Penworth View Post
    You've got some frisky bussel sprouts there. They're all over eachother!
    Where do you think "baby" brussel sprouts come from....
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jtougas View Post
    I think I was trying to be too clever with the "tears of a dragon" idea although I might still finish it just for me
    I would say that it is a must for you too finish it after the challenge. Such an original idea and too go lost. No way

Blog Entries

Wip

Here's a little update.

I discovered today that I am an idiot... I had the sawmill tucked way back in the woods..Hmm how are we gonna the turn the blade??..Right...Ok fixed that. I also "smudged" the roads some, I wanted them to look like they had been "tramped" in over years. This IS a sawmill after all

### LATEST WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	September october challenge northrun.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	29627
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Wip

Ok an update:

I added the required buildings and cobbled together a sawmill.. Reworked the riverbanks and changed the water texture. As always feedback is requested and appreciated..Thanks!!

### LATEST WIP ###

Views:	53 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	29638

Finished Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Right now your trees have a hand-drawn look (the black stroke around them) and this doesn't mesh with the realistic patterns of the houses. This may change down the road but I thought that I'd just make you aware of it so that you can plan how to tackle it.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Right now your trees have a hand-drawn look (the black stroke around them) and this doesn't mesh with the realistic patterns of the houses. This may change down the road but I thought that I'd just make you aware of it so that you can plan how to tackle it.
    Good point. I had actually planned to use the "brussel sprouts" as a sort of "scale place marker" so I could decide what looked good with what and I kind of forgot about them.. Thanks for reminding me...

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Wip There's nothing quite like a visit to the "Nymph" after a long day at the mill....

Tonights update:

Cut down all the "Brussels sprouts" replaced with more photo-realistic trees. Still not 100% on them but they can stay for now.. I resized some of the sawmill items. Water wheels are BIG as are raw trunks sent downriver on barges. I added a "location key" now I'm not usually a fan of these things stuck onto a map but I figure at some point I'll need to know the names of these things and now so do you.. It's to a point now where I can just look at it for a while until the next idea hits me. (Although I would like to do a barge..
    As always feedback is requested and appreciated..Thanks!!

### LATEST WIP ###

Views:	57 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	29640

Finished Maps

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast