Thread: Happy (American) Thanksgiving everyone!

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post Happy (American) Thanksgiving everyone!

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy thanksgiving...If you're not American, thats ok too! Happy day to you all!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Maybe this should be a "season's greetings from the staff" thread.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Happy Turkey Day!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels, everyone!

Less than two hours to go to dinner for me!
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Default to non-(North)-Americans, too!

Thanksgiving is one of those holidays (is it the only one?) that transcends culture, ethnicity, and nationality. Everyone in the world should celebrate Thanksgiving, not just Canada and the US. This is a universal human observation: that our lives are filled with, and even based upon, amazing good fortune. If we can't stop, just one day out of the year, and say, "Wow, I really appreciate being alive," then we might as well just give it up. Very few humans are devoid of blessings, no matter how many and extreme their travails.

I am thankful for, among many other things, maps, and a web forum to enjoy with other map lovers. CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by töff View Post
    Thanksgiving is one of those holidays (is it the only one?) that transcends culture, ethnicity, and nationality. Everyone in the world should celebrate Thanksgiving, not just Canada and the US. This is a universal human observation: that our lives are filled with, and even based upon, amazing good fortune. If we can't stop, just one day out of the year, and say, "Wow, I really appreciate being alive," then we might as well just give it up. Very few humans are devoid of blessings, no matter how many and extreme their travails.

I am thankful for, among many other things, maps, and a web forum to enjoy with other map lovers. CHEERS!
    Actually, near as I know, almost every culture has some sort of Thanksgiving Holiday. In Korea, it is called Chu-Sok, and is Celebrated in September. With a Korean wife I celebrate once in September, and again in October (Canadian).

http://www.thanksgiving-day.org/celebration-korea.html
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thats it...töff is now officially in charge of all holiday announcements on this website hehehe.

I'm thankful that I was able to pull off this website and keep it maintained to the point of you all enjoying it on a daily basis. I'm also thankful for my family and my wonderful day job...and my health.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

That's the spirit, folks! I'm now eating my third helping of turkey right now (cold) and checking up on the boards at the end of a great, great day with family and friends. And I'm including all of you folks when I say spending the day with friends!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]