Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unnamed Experiment

Blog Entries

It's a style I'm not very fond of, but you are doing it very well. I particularly like the sharp peaks and diverging ridges on the mountains.

Made some more progress on this one...still just kinda' playing around with textures and stuff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed-project-3.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	3.72 MB 
ID:	39511  
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

I spent the better part of the day working on this today and made some decent progress. It almost seems like I'm swimming in sand right now...I thought that after spending 8-9 hours on it today I'd be farther along. Oh well...it'll be done eventually.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed-project-4.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	3.96 MB 
ID:	39618  
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

It looks pretty 0.0 ... real pretty. But ... are you sure the country names are visible enough? Especially on green backgrounds?

I've been considering changing the look of the kingdom names...perhaps I will.

My Albums - My Portfolio

I cannot say that I like the spidery mountain types... but the blending of forests and mountains alone is glorious. The lettering is also wonderfull... I am eager to see what you will do with the kingdom text.

I agree the font is nice, it's just my regular gripe, because red on green makes my eyes water and I can't make out the lettering very well. Call it the colour-blind-curse some people form the river police, maybe another group should be the red-green police .

Yes, the forests are especially lovely, and I really like what you've done with the oceanic terrain. I'm indifferent to the mountains: the shape seems good to me, but the colors seem a bit too dark. All in all though, this looks like a map with real promise.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Apprentice

Cracking map, really great stuff.

Loving the mountain shapes (particularly the middle range and the bottom-right range, Grimfell & Jade?), the blend with forest is amazing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast