Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does your 'geofictional country' have a flag?

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Rajalyoko23's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aeostraviria.png 
Views:	132 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	58711

I did this once on a geofiction forum.

Generally maps I create are not set in periods where flags are the primary form of denoting national origin. I have created maps using Japanese kammon (heraldry), as well as European heraldric symbols - shields mostly, but most maps I leave national symbols out altogether. Consider the idea of "nations" and national flags didn't really exist until the rise of modern republics at the end of the 18th century. For maps set in the late 18th century forward, flags seem the ideal symbol for nation.

Nice flag, though.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Journeyer

Hello:
    I have worked on a specific world for almost 35 years. I have learned a great deal about flags, set of arms, and national identifiers. The world is a medieval fantasy world in which most countries are identified by their set of arms or the rule's arms of that country. I also added naval warning flags. That include sicknesses as well as dangerous creatures. The arms also include military units. The following is an example of one of the military arms:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bryagel Elven Guard.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	229.9 KB 
ID:	59954

Tracker

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123