Thread: Set of Mapmaking Icons?

Question Set of Mapmaking Icons?

I have CC3 and have played with it, but after some tutorials here on CG, I've been making most of my maps in Photoshop. While I aspire to beautiful atlas-style maps, I find I make a lot of quick maps for adventures, rather than world or regional maps - e.g., a map of forest paths or a map of a coastline with major encounter points. The kind of stuff the typical CC3 noob makes :-)

I've swiped a lot of .PNG icons from CC3, but only some of them are in PNG format. Does anyone know of other sets of fantasy map icons? Either free or commercial.

The Dundjinni user forums are the end all for battlemat scaled objects. Also, ProFantasy publishes a couple of collections of additional symbols, although I think those are mostly vectors, and not PNGs.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Actually, I wasn't talking about battlemat stuff - just typical player handout maps. An example is below. I am in no way holding this up as an example of great fantasy map making ;-) However, I have limited time to prepare for adventures, so this is the sort of thing I often throw together.

That was done in photoshop with some CC3 .PNGs. Unfortunately, Profantasy's symbols (at least the ones that are add-ons for CC3) are almost all .FCW files.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't sell yourself short..thats pretty good... here's a link with a bunch of symbols that are all PNG..hope they help..

http://rpgmapshare.com/
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.