Thread: Fantasy map request

Map Fantasy map request

First off I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my request. I hope to get this request completed soon. I have little to no standards, just go crazy.

First off, I suppose you should know the world I had in mind. This is for an RP of mine on a different site, that I will not link top for the sake of the forum, unless asked to. In this world, there are three main human races, one race is just like us. Nothing special. The other two are two different rival magic using breeds. The technology is rather modern, but few small differences here and there. Basically, I don't intend on their really being castles and such. A fortress and castle ruins are not only respectable, but encouraged. More than one continent would be cool, but no more than four please.

Once again, I really have no real standards, and feel free to have more than one person attempt at this. No worries though, I will credit you and post a link to this forum and your profile. I will also reward you with rep. If you want me to send a link to the RP I am working on, I will gladly link you.

I do hope to see some takers on this request, and please, do your best!
    Last edited by Squee; 09-22-2010 at 09:47 PM. Reason: grammar

I already have read everything that thread had to say, but there was only one problem with doing what it said. I really don't know or have any ideas of what details the map should have. I was trying to say in my original post that I was hoping someone could come up with something on their own that would work for a fantasy world that was described above. If more information is absolutely necessary for everyone, then I suppose I could do some thinking time, but my forte is more of the abilities, not the landscaping or placing of anything cartography related in all honesty.

Guild Apprentice

Well, you want 3 races... all on one continent, multiple continents, one for each race, one for each plus one for intermingling? How do people on your world travel? Are ocean-faring boats developed yet? Do they use magic to teleport or create portals/doorways to different regions of the world? How adventurous are they, as in will they have mapped every corner of their world by now or is a portion of the world unknown? Are there ice-caps and an arctic culture? How about mountains, is it a mountainous world? Swamps? Desert? Woodlands? Is there a large amount of farming going on (which would mean a lower-than-average percentage of woodlands)?

Little things like this is what helps in order to make a map.

Yes, it does make sense to need that information. Well, this is my first request, but thank you. I will keep these in mind if I ever choose to make another request in the future.

Anyway, in this world, all the races live together, so continental division isn't going to happen. The entire world has indeed been mapped out.The transportation consists of ships, planes, and vehicles resembling very modern ones. there should be mountain ranges, forest ranges, and such. Farming is not that large, so I would like to see the average amount forests and other woodlands be average. Polar ice caps on the north and south would be much appreciated. The world isn't much different from ours in terms of swamps, and other such landscaping.

I guess I'll set the continent numbers in stone. One continent on the northern ice cap, and two others. The southern ice cap will just be ice. Anymore questions to ask? I will not hesitate to answer any, I'm new to this.