Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Kingdom Of Shendenflar

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    What's with the blue line up the right side, almost looks like a left over from some effect. I've had those happen to me when I'm not paying attention. Also, what is in the upper left corner, is that ice? If so I would expect the forest on that end to have a bit more white or something. I really like the little fields and stuff you have around the cities.
    Whoops..looks like I moved a layer a bit..(still getting used to GIMP) I'll see if I can fix that. And yes Jax it's ice..now I swear I'm not using magic to cover this up but in the WoG setting there are giant sheets of ice that break off from the "Land of Black Ice" that is north of the Burneal forest even in summer. Shendenflar's general climate is temperate with summer coming a little later and leaving a little earlier than the rest of the continent. I thought it would be a neat thing to try..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Wip

Well here it is..I think I might be moving this one into the "finished maps" forum but I want everyone to take a look first. Thanks to everyone that gave me feedback and made suggestions As always feedback is requested and appreciated..Thanks!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shendenflar Regional.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	4.58 MB 
ID:	29727
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I think you have some stray bits from your city icons that somehow got left behind when you moved a layer? Might want to just clean those up. Looking good though.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Wip

Ok cleaned up some of my "eraser" marks and changed the text color to something readable.. I also spent a hour or so shading my terrain. As always feedback is requested and appreciated.. Thanks!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shendenflar Regional.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	4.72 MB 
ID:	29735

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

Here's A "Timeline" for the Kingdom Of Shendenflar that outlines the major events in the Kingdom's history so far..*just a note most of this was written over 15 years ago or more and the "Greyhawk Wars" had just ended..*

A Historical Timeline Of The Kingdom Of Shendenflar

The Kingdom of Shendenflar is an old land. One formed during the first round of the great break up of the Great Kingdom. Ferrond (now Furyondy) Keoland, Veluna, and Shendenflar were formed in quick succession. beginning in the year CY (common year) 100

CY 50- The land that will eventually become Shendenflar is granted by the Overking to the Baras family for deeds performed in the service of the king. The entire area was used as a hunting preserve for the Baras family and the overking.

CY 64- The Baras family begins to move family members and staff to the newly named Shendenflar region. This is the precursor to the total exodus of the Baras family away from the Raxues area and the Overking.

CY 68- Riverhewn long a settlement built on the banks of the Fler river and the shores of Lake Quag is named the capital of the region of Shendenflar. Construction of a large governmental complex is started as the population increases.

CY 100- The Viceroyalty of Ferrond claims independence from the Great Kingdom and renames itself: The Kingdom Of Furyondy. The Baras family now lives totally within the region of Shendenflar and meetings between King Thrommel of Furyondy and Talin Baras are commonplace.

CY 100-125 Veluna, Keoland, and Perrenland all claim independence from the great kingdom. The Baras family is instrumental in brokering the terms of these successions. The fire of independence is burning in Shendenflar.

CY 125-144 The Shendenflar region is now fully autonomus. Kadre Baras rules as "Governor" although it has been years since any tax or tribute has been paid to the Great Kingdom. An alliance of sorts has grown up between the "Northern Kingdoms" of Furyondy, Veluna, Perrenland and Shendenflar. It is at a confrence of delegates from these lands in CY 143 that Kadre Baras announces his decision to succeed from the Great Kingdom.

CY 144- Kadre Baras announces the formation of the Kingdom of Shendenflar and the installation of himself as her first king. The rulers of all the Northern Kingdom Alliance are in attendence.

CY 147- King Kadre the firsts reign is cut short after he is found dead in his chambers. An investigation reveals that he was assassinated by means of poison. The Scarlet Brotherhood is suspected, as is the Overking. In a somber ceremony in the rainy fall of 147 15 year old Soros Baras is coronated in Riverhewn.

CY 148- The teenage king of Shendenflar is tested as Scarlet Brotherhood agents acting under orders from the Overking attempt to assassinate him 4 times over the year. after the last failed attempt young king Soros becomes so enraged that he orders every suspected member of the Brotherhood in Shendenflar captured and hung. while a great many of the red robed monks did die within Shendenflar's borders a unfortunate amount of innocents also perished due to Soros's rage.

CY 150- The Overking tries in vain to recover his lost lands in the North with a multi faceted attack on Furyondy, Shendenflar and Veluna at the same time. Although the Overkings force is mighty the combined forces of the three new kingdoms managed to drive back the invasions. King Soros of Shendenflar suggested a counterattack on the Great Kingdom which was immediately put down.

CY 172- After 25 years of rulership King Soros Baras is killed in a hunting accident at the age of 40. His rule although tumultuous saw Shendenflar grow powerful and prosperous. His body lay in state for 5 days while a seemingly endless procession of mourners passed by. His eldest son Kadre the second was coronated King after his fathers funeral.

CY 173-580- The Baras family continued to lead the Kingdom Of Shendenflar wisely throughout the last 4 centuries. The current sovereign is King Simeon Baras the 8th member of the Baras family to carry that name. Simeon took the throne at age 35 after the death of his uncle Gired the 4th. Simeon's father had been killed by a freak earthquake that had devastated Shendenflar. Simeon was only 8 and far too young to take the throne . Simeon unlike most of his ancestors was a adventurous sort wandering the continent for nearly 20 years before returning home to assume the throne. Over these years he made extensive connections across the Flanaess. These connections would serve him well as the continent lunged towards war in the years 580-585. The Northern Alliance stood together to fight off the evil demi-god Iuz. Although Shendenflar was not directly attacked by the Old One, her armies served valiantly in Furyondy and the Vesve forest. King Simeon became a trusted ally and good freind to King Belvor of Furyondy and the two met often during the war. It was with Shendenflar's help that Belvor's armies were able to break the siege of Chendl, Furyondy's capital city. and in fact there are still Shendenflarian soldiers serving in foreign lands that are threatend by the evil Iuz.
    Last edited by jtougas; 09-30-2010 at 03:11 AM.

Finished Maps

A bit late to the paryt, but what's east of the river?

Woomia, I think you'll need to be more specific to get a sensible answer.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

What is east of the Fler River? Another kingdom? Bandits? EVIL?

Blog Entries

It looks pretty good.You still have edge issues by the Lordsrun River and the East edge (a long straight blue line) which you could probably clean up with a clone stamp. Southbay has a circle around it, I believe this is an artifact from reducing the city Icon size. Around Quag lake you still have a bunch of eraser marks to the West of the Fer (?) river and what look like airbrush rings in the cultivated land to the East of said river. All in all a nice map. You also mentioned something about an "Ecoforester Program" in making your tree brushes. What is that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by woomia View Post
    What is east of the Fler River? Another kingdom? Bandits? EVIL?
    To the east of the Fler River is a land called "The Wolf Nomads" named for the inhabitants

Finished Maps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12