Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: September/October 2010 Lite Challenge Entry: K-City Downtown

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

wow. that's freakin awesome. Great job !

Oh my this looks good

Man how am I supposed to compete against 3D rendering. CHEATER
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Simply beautiful! I know I'm biased about 3D stuff but this sort of thing shows you why !
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Awesome Just Awesome...
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Okay, this looks really good. I'm almost positive I'll vote for it as is, but to me, it still seems like it's missing something. I wish I could tell you what it is, but I can't put my finger on it. I don't think the blue-gray background is doing you any favors either; it just seems kind of hum-drum up against the amazing model. I wonder what it would look like at night? What about a texture on the road, and maybe some lanes and traffic lights? I don't know, I'm just throwing things out there now..

Either way, you're a beast. This looks incredible.

-IG

Thanks girls/guys! I'm very glad you like it

geamon: all weapons are allowed and you have a very nice map in the challenge!

IG: as an enthusiastic Sim City 4 player I know that a lot of things are missing to improve the overall atmosphere, but this my first try in Bryce and if I had to create this map again I would make a lot of things different. Adding things like garbage cans and traffic lights demands a large library of objects you have, I'm just at the beginning to create something like this. I tried to cheat the program in raising the whole scene above the horizon to get more sky into the picture, but Bryce is more clever than I am.

I tried to implement street lines, but haven't managed it. Is there a way to reduce the roads in the template to a simple path in PS?

It does look very cool. You have inspired me to learn Bryce (just downloaded it). I would have liked to have seen some variation in facade style and colour. But I am probably about to find out it is harder to do than I realise.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Thanks Aval. Everything is possible, but it takes time. For the next map in Bryce I think I will know how to do it, the manual is 1500+ pages .

Quote Originally Posted by Katto View Post
    Thanks Aval... the manual is 1500+ pages .
    Oh No! What am I getting myself into?!!
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast