Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Grinning Goblin..Riverhewn's Local Watering Hole..

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip

Whew been a long time let me just blow the dust off this thread...*cough cough*..There that's better...

I present "Mariels Bakery" in a mostly finished state The rest of the neighborhood is coming up next. as always feedback is requested and appreciated.. Thanks!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Grinning Goblin.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	2.17 MB 
ID:	31466
    Last edited by jtougas; 12-15-2010 at 01:07 PM.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Nice map. this is the first time I think I have seen someone use my paving stones in a map, beyond my test mini maps. I don't remember any at the DJ site. I think they came out okay though I can see areas I should have tweaked more, isn't that always the case with me. I think you did a great job edging them, I had not thought about providing edging stones but now I can see the value. Thanks
    Last edited by greytale; 04-08-2011 at 03:09 PM.
    Have you dressed your dungeon lately?
    GREYTALE.COM

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by greytale View Post
    Nice map. this is the first time I think I have seen someone use my paving stones in a map, beyond my test mini maps. I don't remember any at the DJ site. I think the came out okay though I can see areas I should have tweaked more, isn't that always the case with me. I think you did a great job edging them, I had not thought about providing edging stones but now I can see the value. Thanks
    Thanks for the kind words. I really like the paving stones (luckily "The Walk" is the only street in Riverhewn to actually be "paved") They were a little bit of work to get them to transition without leaving "cut off" stones but well worth the work. Great job as usual
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

One of the toughest things with doing objects (and not many maps) is I don't often get the full picture on the usage end. Often seeing my stuff in others maps can be revealing on whether the pieces are working for people or not. For instance I know the tavern tables, wall torches, the monument bases have made their way into quite a few maps, so I guess they are working, while other items fall flat and leave me second guessing whether there is a usage problem, artistic problem or it is just a dumb idea. So when I am fortunate enough to come across my items out there in the ether, it is always great to see how they have been used and see if I can get some feedback so I can get better at what I do. So it is a win for me as well.
    Have you dressed your dungeon lately?
    GREYTALE.COM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123