Thread: My Battlemap Tutorials

Default My Battlemap Tutorials

I'm gonna start adding tricks and hints that I've found in PDF format for GIMP to make battle maps and keep them listed here and keep the thread updated with new ones as I find them and make them. This also allows me easier use to explain and link ideas. Starting with "How to Blend Textures for Use in Battlempping with GIMP"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to Blend Textures for Use in Battlempping with GIMP.pdf  
    Last edited by geamon; 10-06-2010 at 11:35 AM.
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by geamon View Post
    I'm gonna start adding tricks and hints that I've found in PDF format for GIMP to make battle maps and keep them listed here and keep the thread updated with new ones as I find them and make them. This also allows me easier use to explain and link ideas. Starting with "How To Blend Textures In Gimp For Battlemaps"
    Excellent !! Now off to read this..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Revised the tutorial. I know I'm a newbie so my tut's are simple things everyone should have learned.
    Cheers, Julien

All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Here's a new one, "How to Add Snow, Dirt, Sand and Other Granular Textures for Use In GIMP". Basically a little trick that can be used all over the place in different applications. It seems my tut's are gonna be more aimed at how to use GIMP leaning towards it's use in making maps. Changed the formatting for this one, let me know if it's easier to read so that can change my first ones formatting ( it's formatting is terribad).

P.S. This a good way to discolor or stain textures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to Add Snow, Dirt, Sand and Other Granular Textures for Use In GIMP.pdf  
    Cheers, Julien

OK, I can get one side of my map to blend but I do not understand how to linear blend both sides of my path. The tutorial is very vague on this part.